Network Design Engineer
Are you passionate about networking and able to design and operate global Internet networks, to establish superb internet connectivity for our hosting and cloud services around the world? Do you understand and can you help protecting our customers against the impact of malicious Internet traffic such as DDOS attacks?
At Leaseweb Network we design, manage, support and procure the networks and Internet traffic of the various Leaseweb entities around the world and we support Leaseweb customers with their networking needs. To ensure an optimized end-user experience for Leaseweb's services, we have direct connectivity to >4000 Internet networks via our global Internet backbone with >50 Data Centers and Points-of-Presence in Europe, the US and Asia, as well as to all major Tier 1 Internet backbones. Under the brand FiberRing we also provide network connectivity and Internet access services among the leading data centers in and around Amsterdam. The Network Operations team currently consists of a Manager Network Operations, 5 Network Design Engineers and 8 Network Engineers.
What is the role about?
As a Network Design Engineer you design and manage complex and large infrastructures, but also regularly deal with specifically tailor-made customer network set-ups. You will take an active role in designing and ensuring the continued development of the network infrastructure and services, including associated systems and tools. This includes but is not limited to offering pre-sales support with tailored solutions for our customers, traffic engineering to optimize quality and costs and advice for management regarding strategic developments in the network arena. Of course you will also be supporting incident resolution and coaching the Network Engineers.
Who are you?
Are you a network professional and open minded and pro-active problem solver? Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines?
If you are eager to understand how things work, please check the requirements below:
- At least 7+ years professional experience with BGP, MPLS and Cisco IOS
- At least 3+ years professional experience with 1 RIR
- Work experience with peering and internet exchanges is a must
- CCIE and/or JNCIE work experience
- You must hold a CCNP, CCDP or CCIP certificate
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English in essential
- Good command of Dutch will be an advantage
You will be joining a close-knit team where there is a strong emphasis among the members on reliance and cooperation with one another.
- Participation in annual company bonus scheme, a company pension, and monthly Internet allowance
- 25 days of paid time off (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 more days)
- Free lunch and parking, the best coffee (if we say so ourselves), and fresh fruit provided daily (when in the office)
- Attractive relocation packages and an agency that takes care of the entire visa process
- Access to the Leaseweb Academy, a personalized learning platform offering a variety of studies, courses, and trainings
- Free in-house Dutch courses
- Fun events year-round – from virtual pub quizzes to summer parties, company runs, quarterly hackathons and much more
- Monthly after work drinks (also virtual, for now!)
- A multicultural work environment (our colleagues in HQ alone are from over 40 countries!) in a company where you can truly make a difference
Ready for the next step?
If you’d like to apply, please do so online. To learn more about us, follow us on LinkedIn or Instagram to get an inside look at the life at Leaseweb. For questions, please reach out to Tabea Hensel, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We directly source all candidates – any unsolicited profiles received from recruitment agencies will be treated as direct applications.