Accounting & Reporting Specialist
Financial information is at the root of all major business decisions and the Accounting & Reporting Specialist plays an important part in helping the company make the right decisions. Your mission is to ensure high quality and up-to-date general ledger records. You are amongst others responsible for ensuring timely and correct closing procedures for the entire group including the subsidiaries in the US, Germany, Singapore, UK and Australia. The company is in a transition to becoming a global player in the hosting industry and is currently implementing SAP for all its subsidiaries. This is an exciting job with many challenges as a result of the rapid growth which the company experienced over the past years. This rapid growth requires continuous improvement and professionalization of the financial processes and systems to meet the demands of all stakeholders.
Reporting to the Group Controller this position is based in Amsterdam.
Together with your colleagues you are responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintaining accurate general ledger records including but not limited to fixed assets, loans, accounts payable, accounts receivables, VAT filing and IC balances
- Timely completion of monthly closing procedures
- Continuous improvements of the administrative processes
- Confirming financial information with the stakeholders in subsidiaries around the world
- Preparation of high quality supporting documentation for annual audits
- Support in the preparation of monthly financial reports for subsidiaries
- Carrying out (ad-hoc) financial analysis, support controlling activities
- Focused on continuous improvements of processes
- Proactive communication skills with various stakeholders within the company
- Potential to grow within the (finance) organization
- You have an eye for detail and work in an accurate manner
- Higher professional education level (Bachelor) with a degree in Accounting, Business or Economics
- Relevant work experience in a similar position
- SAP experience is a plus
- Knowledge of IFRS is a plus
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Dutch is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch and free parking
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Want to learn more or apply?
Please use the link to apply. For more information, please contact Jana Reiss, Talent Acquisition Specialist via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.