Principal / Senior / Applied Research Scientist - Computer Vision and Machine Learning
JD.com, Inc. one of the world largest e-commerce companies is developing the next generation, fully automated fulfillment infrastructure. JD’s X Division (JD-X) is responsible for the development of automated fulfillment capabilities including warehouse automation technologies such as warehouse transportation and manipulation robots, autonomous ground delivery vehicles and autonomous aerial delivery vehicles (i.e. delivery drones).
JD-X Silicon Valley Research Center (Mountain View, CA) is seeking motivated individuals to join our Multi-Modal Perception Team at Principal Scientist, Senior Scientist and Research Scientist levels in the areas of Computer Vision and Machine Learning.
JD-X Silicon Valley Research Center, as a fast-growing research and development organization, provides an entrepreneurial environment for motivated and result-driven individuals and gives them the freedom to create and to innovate in the area of robotics and automation. We also have the resources and financial backing of a Fortune 500 company, so you can focus on developing novel automation solution and revolutionizing product delivery and fulfillment process. If you are an individual who has the passion and the drive to handle complex problems, get things done, create innovative solutions and make impacts to the real-world, JDX RDC is the place for you.
- Developing novel computer vision and machine learning algorithms for robotic manipulation applications including 2D/3D object detection, classification and pose estimation; 2D/3D scene analysis for object picking, in-hand manipulation and collaborative multi-robot object manipulation.
- Implementing computer vision algorithms in real-time robotic platforms and machine learning algorithms using cloud computing platforms.
- Prototyping hardware and software solutions for real-time robot applications.
- Working closely with the engineering team to integrate perception solutions for autonomous robotic systems.
- Developing robust software and comprehensive testing protocol for all projects.
- Solving complex real-world challenges in creative, effective and efficient ways.
- Planning and managing time, tasks, milestones and resources to meet project objectives.
- Communicating and coordinating with relevant engineering, operation and product teams during all phases of technology development and technology deployment.
- Solving challenging technical problems and work in a small, self-directed team environment.
- Directly influence the vision and objectives.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a focus on Computer Vision and Deep Learning.
- Deep expertise in one or more areas of Computer Vision including 2D/3D Object Detection, Classification and Pose Estimation, 2D/3D Scene Analysis, Object Tracking, Activity Detection and Recognition.
- Hands-on experience on Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Experience with developing hardware or software solutions in machine perception for commercial or industrial applications.
- Deep knowledge and experience with a wide variety of 2D and 3D sensors.
- Strong experience with software development process including automated build and test in a test-driven development environment.
- Ability to handle and solve complex issues in systematic and creative ways.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven record of innovation and delivery of results to solve real-world problems.
- Deep expertise in Computer Vision and Deep Learning including publications in referred journals and conferences.
- Extensive experience in developing real-time perception systems for robot application, especially experiences in developing autonomous ground vehicle, autonomous aerial vehicle (i.e. drone), autonomous manipulation robots and warehouse automation.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience of Deep Learning and its applications in Computer Vision.
- Ability of working on challenging assignments with aggressive schedules.
- Strong experience of building and leading a technical team.
About JD.com, Inc
JD.com, Inc. is one of the Top 10 Internet Company, the largest online retailer in China and the country’s largest Internet company by revenue. The Company strives to offer consumers the best online shopping experience. Through its content-rich and user-friendly website jd.com and mobile applications, JD.com offers a wide selection of authentic products at competitive prices and delivers products in a speedy and reliable manner. JD.com has the largest fulfillment infrastructure of any e-commerce company in China. It operates 7 fulfillment parks and more than 550 warehouses across China. JD.com is a member of the NASDAQ100 and a Fortune 500 company.
JD.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.