Role: Sr. Data Scientist (Multiple Positions)
Location: Remote USA
There are 8 billion interactions a day by people with our recommendations. That’s 5 million a minute! We see the success of our models and experiments astonishingly quickly – our learning loop is not measured in weeks or days. It is hours and minutes. We live in what might be the fastest model-learning playgrounds in the world.
We have built an infrastructure that enables model deployment at scale and speed. As data scientists, we sit alongside engineering colleagues who enable our models to deploy.
Combine this with our growing variable set of hundreds of potential features (and growing!), and this is a highly fertile environment for building, experimenting, refining and achieving real impact from your models. If models fire, the bottom-line impact to our teams is immediate – you see the value of your work incredibly fast.
Who Are You?
- The core foundation we look for is an aptitude with mathematics, and a competent ability with data science languages and tools, such as Python or Apache Spark. Most importantly, we look for a passion to investigate and learn about the world from data, to ask interesting and provocative questions, and be driven to put real models into production that drive real business value.
- Basics of big data processing and cloud computing will be critical to succeed in this environment.
- We are open to diverse academic backgrounds, providing an intent to think and problem-solve like a data scientist. Our team includes engineers, mathematicians, computer scientists, physicists, economists and social scientists – a rock-star data scientist can come from any academic field.
- Master’s in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or Economics, Analytics, Data Science.
- 8+ years of industry experience working in Data Science teams. You would have applied algorithms and techniques from Machine Learning, Statistics, Time Series or other domains in solving real world problems and understand the practical issues of using these algorithms especially on large datasets.
- Comfortable with software programming and statistical platforms such as R, Python etc.
- Comfortable with the big data ecosystem. Experience in Apache Spark will be a bonus.
- Comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent technical and business communication skills and should know how to present technical ideas in a simple manner to business counterparts.
- Experience in applying Data Science in digital advertising is a big plus
- Possess a high degree of curiosity and ability to rapidly learn new subjects and systems.
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for leading the data science efforts for one of the biggest in-app programmatic exchange in the world. This involves project ideation and conceptualization, solution design, measurement and solution iteration, coaching, deployment and post deployment management.
- This will also include designing, development, testing of product experiments. You will need to guide the team in practical experiments, product design, model development and model evaluation. It is vital to be agile and iterate fast across experiment to deliver go-to-market ready products.
- You are expected to be a hands-on part of the role where you will also actively analyse data, design and develop models, and problem-solve solutions with the rest of the team.
- Additionally, stakeholder management is needed. It will involve being the interface with internal stakeholders such as our Product, Engineering, Data, Infrastructure, and Business teams.
- Our team strives for thought leadership in the sector. We encourage and support all team members to write blogs, commentary and case studies published on the InMobi blog. We also support team members across our ML-AI team to speak at industry conferences and represent InMobi’s work.
- You will learn how to design and build models for specific business problems. Even before that, you will be responsible for identifying the problem areas where AI can be applied to best business impact. You will learn to start a model design by anchoring in the business context and end user needs. You will learn how to connect model impact with real and measurable business impact.
- You will work in a multi-functional team environment. You will collaborate and benefit from the skills of a diverse group of individuals from teams such as engineering, product, business, campaign management and creative development.
- You will have the opportunity to experiment with multiple algorithms. Enduring learning comes from building, launching and reviewing performance of a particular algorithm; from asking why something worked or why it did not work; from asking how to tailor techniques to fit the problem at hand. We have an environment that makes this possible at speed.
- Importantly, you will learn to become creative in designing models to be successful. Model design is not one-size-fits. Our models need to fit our particular problems and be modified to perform. Tougher problems require layers of models, and feedback mechanisms in a dynamic environment such as ours.
- We are a company that innovates and demonstrates our thought leadership to the world, whether in products, research papers or conferences – there are many opportunities for you to shine.
What does InMobi do?
InMobi is one the largest Independent Adtech player globally with a record of accomplishment for innovation, customer centricity and privacy first approach, we have been recognized on both 2018 and 2019 CNBC disruptor 50 list and as one of the Fast Company’s 2018’s most innovative company.
What is the InMobi family like?
Our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. Your work is visible, and you have an opportunity to make a real impact on a large organization.
You will work with a very capable and ambitious peer group, who will welcome you with open heart and will go extra mile to make you successful. We believe that learning is a lifelong commitment, so we invest significantly in your development using internal and external resources.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stocks
- Quality medical, vision, dental
- Flexible working hours
- Lunches provided
- Gym stipend
- Healthy time off through a combination of PTO, sick days, and company-wide holidays
- A friendly, supportive working family to call your team.
InMobi is an equal opportunity employer
InMobi is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we invite you to apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to get to work every day.
InMobi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.