Dialpad is where work comes together—one, beautiful workspace for anywhere communication & collaboration. With the industry’s most innovative business phone system, unlimited text and team messaging, one-click video meetings, and the world’s most advanced AI Contact Center—Dialpad is completely transforming how the world works together.
Our People. Our Culture
At Dialpad, we believe that when the right people come together, anything is possible. We’ve created an incredible, passionate, and welcoming culture that truly makes Dialpad an amazing place to work. We also place equity, balance, and belonging at the heart of everything we do.
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for anywhere workers—we are anywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore to support our hybrid workers, and remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their different perspectives and contributions.
Join The Movement
After founding Google Voice and radically transforming consumer communications, our founders set out to completely transform the way the world works together. With over $2B in valuation and funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
The billing engineering team builds scalable APIs and tooling to manage the full billing lifecycle for our customers. Engineers have a huge impact and work on features tied directly to the revenue that Dialpad brings in. This is a full stack engineering team, but the majority of work is on the backend side. The team builds backend billing features to bring in revenue, customer facing frontends that allow admins to manage their licenses, and automated tooling for our finance and support teams. It’s all about thinking big and scaling to the rapid growth we have with more users, calls, and resellers.
What you will achieve
In your first two months:
- Meet your manager and onboarding buddy who will help you ramp up
- Set up your development environment
- Get to know a highly communicative and collaborative engineering team
- Complete the engineering onboarding program (including training videos and documentation on the codebase)
- Work on starter projects to get comfortable working with the Dialpad codebase. Starter projects are done across all teams, and will help ramp you up on all aspects including: frontend, backend, and architecture.
In your first six months:
- You’ll join the close-knit billing engineering team and begin actively working on impactful and educational billing starter projects. For example: tooling that resellers can use to upgrade an account.
- Projects are full stack, but lean more towards backend than frontend.
- You’ll receive mentorship and code reviews from your peers on billing, including our experienced team lead who has been with Dialpad since the beginning. Your billing engineering peers love to work together, talk through projects, and help each other overcome roadblocks.
After six months:
- You’ll have a deeper understanding of billing concepts and the billing codebase so you can work on more complex, challenging projects.
- You’ll work on projects that contribute to the billing team’s longer term quarterly goals.
One year and beyond:
- You’ll actively contribute to the architecture of the billing platform to help it scale and enable rapid growth in the Dialpad customer base.
- Build reusable, well defined APIs that are consumed in product code.
- Monitor for performance and accuracy of how we bill our customers.
- Build automated tools to enable our customers and support teams to perform self-service billing operations.
- You’ll learn how to do code reviews to mutually benefit your peers in the future.
- Mentor new hires to help the team grow.
Who you are
You enrich the team through your engineering experience. You bring strong back-end engineering experience, and are driven to learn and contribute to the team. You’re the type of person who is really proud when you build a well designed, long term solution that saves everyone time in the long run.
Our tech stack
- Google Cloud Platform
- Elastic Search
- VueJS (single page application)
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive rates in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.