As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
You will contribute to our global Sales team by acquiring new customers, uncovering market opportunities, and getting the market talking about Dialpad! The global Sales team is made up of Sales Development, Channel, Enablement, SMB, MidMarket, and Enterprise teams—all teeming with unbridled passion and grit. Our reps help businesses solve complex, communications problems felt by everyone around the world.
What you will achieve
As a Mid-Market Account Executive, you are a key part of the Dialpad Sales organization, uncovering, managing, and converting 50-1000 employee businesses to excited customers!
In your first 30 days:
- You’ll work closely with our Sales Enablement team to get up to speed on our products, space, sales motions, and GTM strategy during your first three weeks.
- You’ll engage with supporting departments (ex. Deal Desk, Professional Services, Sales Engineering, etc) to learn how they interact with Sales and impact your ability to be successful in your role
- You’ll work with your Manager to identify the appropriate metrics that you’ll be held accountable for
- You’ll jump into and familiarize yourself with Dialpad’s tech stack and understand how to properly utilize the many tools available to you during your prospecting and deal management (i.e. Outreach, SFDC, ZoomInfo)
- Your manager will provide you with the relevant tools and guidance to begin building your territory plan to begin prospecting/building pipeline
- You’ll begin making your first calls with the expectation to schedule your first New Logo discovery call one week following your onboarding training (approx. 4 weeks)
- You’ll meet regularly with your mentor/buddy who is a veteran AE to model what success looks like and what it takes to be a top performer
In your first 60 days:
- You’ll develop a dynamic understanding of the key competitors in the space so that you can create unique talking points to impact initial deals
- You’ll gain granular insight into our key differentiators so that you can hold meaningful conversations with potential clients
- We’ll get you up to speed on our Sales Methodology and the proper steps in execution so you maintain the highest level of conversion in your deals
- Gain full understanding of our pricing model so you can adequately quote and deliver proposals to prospective customers
- You’ll develop your SFDC hygiene and fully grasp the key components of managing your opportunities
By 90 days:
- Master the ability to deliver relevant, timely, and effective qualification discussions to define the metrics and compelling events of prospects
- Develop more autonomy in your deal management and delivery of sales demonstrations
- Work cross-functionally with your SDR and Channel partners to expand your reach into accounts with the intention of sourcing deals through all avenues
- Partner with Sales Engineers to drive technical demonstrations and deal momentum
At 120 days, you will be fully expected to maintain 4X your pipeline coverage and are actively closing deals on a monthly basis
Who you are
Self-starter. Someone who embraces challenges and is naturally curious. You approach every day with the passion and work ethic that you see with successful entrepreneurs. You are an individual that truly appreciates the value of collaboration and is accustomed to winning and losing as a team. You have a passion for creating detailed business plans to reach predetermined goals and quotas. You possess a high acumen managing the entire sales cycle from finding a potential client to securing a deal. You have an uncanny ability to unearth new sales opportunities through networking and turning them into long-term partnerships. When tackling any project, your end goal is to leave it better than you found it.
Skills you will bring
- 5+ years of inside technical sales experience
- Strong ability to build own sales pipeline - you love managing a full sales cycle - prospect to close, you do it all
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, possessing the ability to maintain control of communication length and direction and articulate under pressure
- Brings a strong work ethic; takes the initiative and think creatively to get the job done
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in MEDDPICC sales methodology preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. In addition, we offer resources for you through our Employee Assistance Program. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.