Dialpad is where work comes together—one, beautiful workspace for anywhere communication & collaboration. With the industry’s most innovative business phone system, unlimited text and team messaging, one-click video meetings, and the world’s most advanced AI Contact Center—Dialpad is completely transforming how the world works together.
Our People. Our Culture.
At Dialpad, we believe that when the right people come together, anything is possible. We’ve created an incredible, passionate, and welcoming culture that truly makes Dialpad an amazing place to work. We also place equity, balance, and belonging at the heart of everything we do.
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for anywhere workers—we are anywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore to support our hybrid workers, and remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their different perspectives and contributions.
Join The Movement
After founding Google Voice and radically transforming consumer communications, our founders set out to completely transform the way the world works together. With over $2B in valuation and funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
The integrations team builds integrations between Dialpad and third party products to speed up our customer’s workflows and give them a customized experience. Engineers have a huge impact and will build directly customer facing integrations. We build our integrations in an independent microservice and codebase using Dialpad’s public APIs. We use a common integrations layer to enable faster development of integrations with less duplication. This is a full stack engineering team providing both frontend and backend engineering opportunities.
What you will achieve
In your first two months:
- Meet your manager and onboarding buddy who will support you in getting started
- Set up your development environment
- Get to know a highly communicative and collaborative engineering team
- Complete the engineering onboarding program (including training videos and documentation)
- Work on starter projects to get comfortable working with the integrations microservice codebase. Starter projects will help ramp you up on all aspects including: frontend, backend, and architecture.
In your first six months:
- You’ll work on impactful and educational starter projects within the integrations team. For example: adding support to log Dialpad calls to a CRM.
- Projects are full stack with a balance of frontend and backend.
- You’ll receive mentorship and code reviews from your peers in integrations. Your integrations engineering peers love to work together, talk through projects, and help each other overcome roadblocks.
After six months:
- You’ll have a deeper understanding of integrations concepts and the integrations microservice codebase so you can work on more complex projects.
- You’ll build integrations based on the team’s quarterly goals. We use data and customer surveys to determine which integrations and workflows are most important to our customers.
- You’ll work across team boundaries with the developer platform team to enhance our public APIs so that they can fulfill the needs of both internal and external integrations teams.
- You’ll architect coding patterns to eliminate duplication between integrations and make it even easier to build new ones quickly.
- You’ll learn how to do code reviews so you can share your knowledge with peers.
- Mentor new hires to help the team grow.
Who you are
You enrich the team through your engineering experience. We don’t mind if you come from a frontend, backend, or any other engineering background, as long as you are excited to learn and contribute to the team. You care about the customer experience and would love to build integrations that are easy to use, maintain, and make our customer’s lives easier.
Our tech stack
- Google Cloud Platform
- Elastic Search
- VueJS (single page application)
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. In addition, we offer resources for you through our Employee Assistance Program. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.