As the leading AI-powered cloud communications platform, Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence is embedded in every call to capture action items, provide coaching, take notes, analyze sentiment, and more in real time—setting us apart from the competition.
Essentially, our products make it easy to have productive business communication over calls, video conferencing, and chat from anywhere and on any device. With 90% of businesses still using desk phones for their contact centers, sales teams, and internal communication, we have a massive opportunity to grow and shape the future of work.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. We don’t just build products for everywhere workers, we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, where each person is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Dialpad’s Platform Engineering organization is responsible for building and maintaining the telephony platform that supports all of our cloud native products and services: Talk, Contact Center, Sales Dialer, Video Conferencing.
Every day, millions of people across the world use our platform for communicating effectively and efficiently. Platform Engineering teams focus on areas of backend infrastructure that can scale seamlessly across both in-house and public cloud datacenters. You will also build state of the art systems that enable fast deployment, provide proactive monitoring and alerting for the platform, improving developer productivity and more.
As a Software engineer, in this high impact role, you will create software solutions to streamline migration of existing applications and services to the kubernetes platform. Additionally you will build an kubernetes environment suited for real-time communications, which includes fleet orchestration, auto-scaling, network path monitoring, health checks, and log aggregation. You will monitor and tune robust systems capable of handling 10x our ever-growing traffic!
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- You'll experience our comprehensive onboarding and learn about Dialpad's culture & values
- Work closely with your mentor to set up your development environment and learn about our products and our software development processes, workflows and tools
- You will engage with technical leaders to understand our roadmap and vision
- You will collaborate with the team and code your way through your first couple of starter projects
- By the end of your first month, you’ll understand the architecture, technology stack and build a solid foundation to enable you to solve more complex challenges
In your first 60 days:
- You will build a trustable working relationship with other team members
- You will work closely with the senior engineers across teams and leads on design approaches
- You will start providing estimates, task breakups for any activity
- You will start contributing to fixing issues, tech debt items or features
- You will start participating in code and design reviews
By 90 days:
- You’ll be our go-to expert for most questions on deployment tools, strategies and practices.
- You will start delivering results towards current and future OKRs
- You will start collaborating with cross functional teams based on the OKR needs
- You will ensure the quality of the code / feature through code reviews, unit tests, performance tests etc.
- You will start participating in on-call issue resolutions and weekly deployments processes
Who you are
Software Engineer with 7+ years of experience with working in large products with clear ownership/accountability. You have a solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
You love to develop easy-to-use, scalable, robust, high volume interactive applications
You have the ability to quickly learn different technologies and programming languages
You are comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment
You have a BE, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
Stay healthy and happy! All employees will be covered with medical insurance along with up to five dependent members of the family. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Meals & Transportation
Use a prepaid card to pay for the commute to the office and enjoy meals, snacks, and drinks on us.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.