Dialpad is where work comes together—one, beautiful workspace for anywhere communication & collaboration. With the industry’s most innovative business phone system, unlimited text and team messaging, one-click video meetings, and the world’s most advanced AI Contact Center—Dialpad is completely transforming how the world works together.
Our People. Our Culture
At Dialpad, we believe that when the right people come together, anything is possible. We’ve created an incredible, passionate, and welcoming culture that truly makes Dialpad an amazing place to work. We also place equity, balance, and belonging at the heart of everything we do.
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for anywhere workers—we are anywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore to support our hybrid workers, and remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their different perspectives and contributions.
Join The Movement
After founding Google Voice and radically transforming consumer communications, our founders set out to completely transform the way the world works together. With over $2B in valuation and funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
What you will achieve
- In 60 days, you will have worked on building or improving 2 or 3 small features that let you experience the entire process of working with team members, product management, quality assurance, and even support. You would get to know about devices from Voice Deskphones to Video Room Systems, and how they are managed remotely from cloud.
- In 90 days, you will move on to features that require more coordination and interaction with other teams
- In 120-180 days, you'll have the insight and experience necessary to tackle not just new features, but code infrastructure improvements that touch several existing features.
Who you are
- On this team, you will help architect and develop robust features for the Dialpad devices portfolio of hardware and software.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 7 to 10 years of qualitative work experience in system software development
- You come with a sound knowledge of device operating systems , hardware , software , firmware, device drivers , device applications and device troubleshooting
- Thorough knowledge of client devices with experience in optimizing device configuration preferred
- Exposure with Linux driver development and working with Linux development environment.
- Knowledge with Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy protocols
- Maintaining a secure stable and up to date product compatibility matrix for client devices
- Able to understand the Device Management Concepts - ranging from cloud provisioning, monitoring, security, firmware updates/upgrades
- Prior Experience in handling hundreds of thousands internet connect devices (IoT) from cloud through their full cycle
Typical Day to Day tasks include but not limited to:
- Define, design, implement, test and support new features for the Dialpad device Portfolio
- Solve complex problems related to supporting multiple devices, versions, deployment platforms
- Develop on third-party Device API and SDKs, such as Polycom, AudioCodes and Yealink
- Strong acumen to understand customer concerns around devices and resolve product issues
- Work in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Advocate clean, reusable design and code built for reliability , and maintenance
- Develop prototypes to prove design concepts, mitigate risk, and evaluate and validate alternative technologies.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
Stay healthy and happy! All employees will be covered with medical insurance along with up to five dependent members of the family. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Meals & Transportation
Use a prepaid card to pay for the commute to the office and enjoy meals, snacks, and drinks on us.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of
inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.