As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. We don’t just build products for everywhere workers, we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, where each person is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Dialpad’s Product Engineering organization is responsible for building and maintaining the customer-facing features at scale across all of our cloud native products and services: Talk, Contact Center, Sales Dialer, Video Conferencing, and Voice Intelligence.
Every day, millions of people across the world use our technology for communicating effectively and efficiently. Product Engineering teams focus on areas such as feature engineering, billing, growth, search & analytics, core platform, frontend & backend infrastructure, developer and partner ecosystem & integrations and more. Our teams are growing too fast and globally distributed, and so we are looking for leaders who are awesome human beings, great communicators, excellent strategists, strong technologists, and dreamers!
What you will achieve
We are seeking an accomplished and passionate leader with demonstrated program and portfolio management experience to lead our team of project and program managers and the complex product portfolio we are accountable for. This is a fast-paced workplace where individual drive, innovation, and team collaboration are the keys to success. You will work closely with teams and partners worldwide to shape the roadmap, build new features, and ship software releases to millions of users.
You will be a key member of the leadership team and highly influence the success of the Engineering organization at large. You will define the processes, systems and best practices for program management, truly making your mark from the day you arrive. Your expertise in technology, prioritization, cross-team communication, detailed documentation and bringing an objective to fruition will be essential to helping our R&D teams be as impactful as they can be.
- Own all aspects of project planning and execution for building a scalable, reliable, and high quality business communications product suite
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering leadership to define and develop Dialpad’s Program Management Office (PMO) structure and strategy - hire, lead and develop successful technical program managers across multiple teams, locations and time zones
- Partner closely with engineering managers, product managers, software engineers, data scientists, product designers, QA and leadership to gather requirements, scope effort, manage resource allocation, release software features and products to our customers
- Facilitate cross-functional communication with other teams both inside and outside of the engineering organization, ensuring that requirements are well understood, and that priorities and release schedule expectations are managed
- Build and run processes that allow for the maximum agility and adaptation across engineering teams while measuring and maintaining the highest possible product quality
- Brainstorm and communicate technical concepts, ideas and issues at the appropriate level of abstraction to both technical and non-technical stakeholders and partners
- Bring new ideas and develop innovative solutions to gain efficiencies in the design, build, development, testing, and deployment lifecycle. Your enthusiasm and energy will drive discussions leading to the design of new experiences for our customers
- Be comfortable wearing many hats and able to work in an agile environment with changing priorities and critical deadlines, we move very fast!
- 8+ years of experience in technical project/program management or engineering ownership of software products and/or platforms at scale
- Experience with translating product strategies into program/project plans; including scope and dependency management, stakeholder management, deliverables (KPIs), schedule, risk management, and resource planning
- Deep understanding of the software product development lifecycle and ability to manage projects from start to finish using Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; must be comfortable communicating with and presenting to all levels of an organization
- Ability to understand and extract action plans from complex technical discussions & translate into succinct messaging for multi-functional and executive status reporting
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly triage, prioritize, and lead under pressure
- Technical understanding of different components of a modern software product/platform; such as databases, cloud infrastructure, REST APIs, frontend & backend frameworks, security, performance and scaling etc
- Prior experience in Enterprise SaaS space and/or Certification in Program Management or Project Management is a big plus
Who you are
You're an ambitious individual who is proactive and able to work under minimal supervision at a detailed level while taking account of interdependencies at all levels. You enjoy diving deep into the technology, with a track record of shipping complex, multi-functional projects under demanding timelines. Someone with excellent written and interpersonal skills who pays attention to the details and is highly organized. Has experience running a complex set of software deliverables with many interdependencies and has a successful track record being a great partner within teams and across organizations in engineering, design, and leadership. You can balance resets and changes and respond quickly, without being discouraged. Your ability to capture requirements, build connections, anticipate challenges and get projects to launch will be necessary for success.
You have unshakable integrity and are as comfortable speaking to executives in open forums as you are with discussing a burn down chart with a team member. Ideally, you've been a Software Engineer or Project/Program Manager for a technical product before, but as long as you're passionate, creative, goal-driven, and a great communicator, we'd love to hear from you!
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. In addition, we offer resources for you through our Employee Assistance Program. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.