As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
The Mobile Engineering team is focused on building our native iOS and Android apps that enable teams to seamlessly work from anywhere. As a member of the Mobile Engineering team, you will build the products and features that will define the future of work and business communications. Our engineers are given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- Complete onboarding and get your development environment set up
- Start to develop expertise in Dialpad’s products and customers
- Get to know the Mobile Engineering team and your new direct reports including their career aspirations and identifying key development areas for your team
- Get to know the greater Engineering team and build strong collaborative relationships with counterparts in Product and Design
- Begin participating in standups and retros for different scrum teams as you familiarise yourself with our products and our development processes and workflows
- Jump in and start writing code and delivering new features alongside your team
- By the end of your first month, you will be comfortable with Dialpad’s internal processes and workflows and guiding a team of engineers as they deliver new features
In your first 6 months:
- Mentor engineers on your team and set key goals and milestones for each team member to achieve
- Identify gaps and issues in the product and develop and track solutions
- Participate in roadmap planning including making tough choices on feature prioritization and timelines for deliverables
- Deliver increasingly complex features and improvements, guiding short-term planning and resource management for your team as you execute on our roadmap
- Lead by example as you write code and deliver new features alongside your team to deliver key product enhancements
- By the end of your first 6 months, you will have taken ownership of your team and will own delivery of features from conception to launch for at least one of our mobile apps
By 1 year:
- Take a larger role in roadmap planning and architecture choices
- Become well known across the organization as a trusted leader that everyone looks up to, both technically and as a manager
- Have the ability to break down complex tasks into parts, to enable efficient delivery by your team
- Builds tools and processes for the team to quickly recognize and respond to unexpected result
- By the end of your 1st year, you will own long-term strategy for Mobile products including architecture, managing technical debt, prioritizing bug fixes, refactoring code, and delivering new features
Who you are
You are an experienced iOS Engineer who has worked as a team lead or manager. You have experience guiding and mentoring engineers as they deliver new features, refactor code, and fix bugs. You have made impactful product architecture choices and have delivered native mobile applications with clean, maintainable, and scalable coding and architecture. You have worked cross functionally with teams across Product, Design, and Engineering with a focus on building stable, scalable apps that are intuitive and delight our users. You love managing and mentoring but also still enjoy getting your hands dirty and writing code as a large part of your day to day work.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive rates
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.