As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
UberConference and Integrations teams are part of our Product Engineering Group. The Product Engineering team in Bangalore builds the Conferencing product end to end and carries out Intelligent workflow integrations of Dialpad with business applications like Salesforce, Slack, Servicenow, Okta etc. We are looking to grow these teams. As an engineer at Dialpad, you will work with a close-knit product engineering team and technical lead. Our teams are cross disciplinary, and include Product Managers, Designers, QA, and other Engineers (Data Engineering, Data Science, Telephony).
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining communication capabilities and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
What you will achieve
About the position:
The Telephony platform team maintains a complex set of APIs and microservices that provide the backbone for real-time communication in our products. Our systems are evolving and we need quality experts to inject confidence and stability into that evolution.
We are looking for a highly skilled developer who is adept at building scalable test frameworks. A passionate quality leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of guiding a team to the automation paradise. If this is your type of paradise then you could be engineering automation systems that the development team will rely on daily.
You are good at:
- Developing flexible test frameworks and tools that substantially increase developer confidence.
- Working with cloud technologies, including the testing of REST services.
- Implementing automatic reporting that will contribute to rapid resolution of failures.
- Developing and executing comprehensive test strategies.
- Mentoring other engineers about engineering, automation and testing best practices.
- Independently analyzing and troubleshooting advanced Python code and microservices.
- Communicating and working cross-functionally and across management levels.
- Advocating for doing the right thing even if it’s difficult.
Fluency @ 3 Months
- Developed a deep understanding of the technology stack, network traffic concepts and terminology.
- You have designed and started building an initial framework including reporting and CI.
- You will have committed multiple high-value automated tests and have started the process of addressing CI failures.
Mastery @ 6 Months
- You contribute to design discussions and participate in code reviews.
- You are continuously learning and expanding the automation testing framework.
- You are contributing to improving functional API documentation.
- You are taking ownership of test failures to ensure our CI system stays reliable.
- You are mentoring and coordinating work with other SDETs
- Starting to explore performance and other testing areas of testing needs.
Bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of IP traffic concepts and terminology
- Experience with VoIP, Telecommunication Systems, and Communication technologies
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker or Kubernetes
- Build automation that developers can use locally.
- Hands-on expertise on various VoIP & TDM based testing tools like SIPp, Navtel, Spectra2
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
Stay healthy and happy! All employees will be covered with medical insurance along with up to five dependent members of the family. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Meals & Transportation
Use a prepaid card to pay for the commute to the office and enjoy meals, snacks, and drinks on us.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.