As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- Get to know the cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, designers and QA engineers that you will be working closely with
- Set up your dev environment
- Complete the engineering onboarding program (including training videos and documentation)
- Work on starter projects to get comfortable with the development process and tools. Starter projects are a good way to gain a wide breadth of exposure to different parts of the code base and to collaborate with engineers who are domain experts in different areas
- Learn the common workflows, goals, and pain points of our users
In your first few months:
- Work on features either solo or in groups of 2-3 engineers based on feature size
- Take end to end ownership of a feature. This includes:
- Working with the product manager to fully understand the users workflows and the underlying user need or business problem a feature is aiming to solve.
- Working with the design team to finalize a user experience that is intuitive and accessible.
- Identify any dependencies with other engineering teams and engage appropriate stakeholders in the feature planning and design
- Consider performance, debuggability, extensibility, user documentation, feature usage monitoring and test coverage when designing and implementing features
- Break down features into smaller deliverables. Track and communicate project status and progress with all project stakeholders
- Find your niche - what kind of impact do you want to have in the team? Do you want to have deep technical knowledge and expertise within a particular area? Do you prefer to cultivate a broad knowledge base and rotate between many different areas within the team? Is your passion working with people to grow the technical skills, development processes, productivity and engagement of the whole team?
- Continue to learn, build on your existing skills, broaden your areas of expertise by taking on projects that stretch your skills
- Identify team-wide challenges, risks, technical debt areas and find ways forward through them
- Contribute to long term technical vision - how can we architect our code, data stores and data pipelines to meet the feature and performance goals of the future?
- Advocate for new ideas, technologies, processes to improve team productivity and engagement
Who you are
Your previous experience can be in either frontend, backend or full-stack development. You enrich the team through your engineering experience. You are excited to learn. You are ready to pitch in wherever there is a need. You proactively seek to grow your own skills and share your knowledge with the team. You are focused on the user’s experience. You dig deep to understand the use case and broader context for a feature to ensure the design and implementation of the feature properly addresses the problem at hand. You value code quality. You’re the type of person who is really proud when you build a well designed, well tested, long term solution.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. In addition, we offer resources for you through our Employee Assistance Program. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.