As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
About The Role
Hundreds of thousands of people rely on your code every day to interact with their customers, communicate with their colleagues around the world to get work done. We are looking for software engineer who's capable of working across stacks and is passionate at shipping features that are both delightful to use, yet also secure and scalable. You will work cross-functional teams to contribute to every stage of product development from initial product conception to architect design to deployment.
- High level technical ownership with projects that facilitates high profile product features
- Push the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best in usability.
- Develop complex, highly available, distributed, cloud-based solutions, and maintain its high level of quality software
- Design and implement scalable and reliable technologies across our platform
- Provide technical leadership to team members and be a team player.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, performance, scalability and future expansion.
- Mentor and coach engineers and seek opportunity to bring in continuous improvements to implement front-end best practices.
- Work with Google App Engine
- Work with real-time communication mechanisms such as WebRTC and WebSockets
- Interface with designers, product managers, and other engineers (our policy: with fewer organized meetings, engineers have more time to code)
- Launch new code weekly with our fast release cycles while maintaining a high quality
- Improve performance to handle rapid increase in user base
- 12+ years of Engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering highly scalable and resilient systems.
- Experience with microservices development.
- Familiarity with public cloud architecture AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Demonstrable experience utilizing object-oriented patterns and design best practices.
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Significant expertise in designing robust APIs and well versed in data synchronization between sub-systems
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/Mercurial/ SVN
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed
- Excellent communication skills essential
- Expertise with DevOps practices and CI/CD tools
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make us successful. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.