Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conference calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. We not only build products to enable the everywhere worker, but we also are everywhere workers. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With $240 million in funding from OMERS, ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere.
About the Role
Dialpad is looking for a Manager of Revenue & Technical Accounting, reporting to the Assistant Controller, to drive revenue and technical accounting as well as transformation projects. This role will support the Assistant Controller in ensuring all transactions are recorded under US GAAP including but not limited to revenue, deferred costs, equity, leases, M&A, and consolidations with the support of staff. In addition this role will take point on key projects including onboarding a new (Big 4) auditor, considering historical quarterly adjustments, and aspects of system transformation initiatives.
- Directly responsible for accounting and review of the following transactions, and ensuring they are recorded and reconciled in accordance with US GAAP : Revenue, Deferred Contract Cost, Leases and others as new pronouncements are issued
- Assist with the ongoing integration for accounting of recently acquired entity
- Drive successful timely completion of year end audit alongside the team
- Identify potential process improvements in the revenue, commission, and partner reporting process to reduce close time to 7 days
- Develop deep understanding of all systems and integration points in the accounting ecosystem including Intacct, bill.com, FloQast, and the internally developed billing system.
- Perform technical research and consult with management and the external auditors to ensure proper accounting treatment is applied for revenue and non recurring transactions, as well as for the implementation of new standards including upcoming adoption of ASC 842
- Participate in and own portions of projects for late stage company transformations including quarterizing, process refinement and documentation, system implementations
- Build relationships across the team and organization for alignment on both cyclical accounting and multi-stakeholder projects
- Continue to develop and retain highly motivated and results-oriented senior accountants
- Bachelor’s degree in either Accounting or Finance and active CPA license
- 6+ years of relevant experience including a mix of both public accounting (Big4) and SaaS industry experience with responsibility for individual deliverables and people management.
- Public company industry experience is a plus
- Proactive approach to problem solving and improvements, an energy to drive tasks to completion
- Great attention to detail and a passion for meeting & beating deadlines
- Systems experience in cloud ERP such as Intacct or Netsuite. Implementation experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of SEC filings and financial disclosure preparation
- Deep technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP including SaaS or Software Company revenue experience and deep understanding of ASC 606, ASC 340, ASC 842, ASC 805
- Excellent communication skills to coordinate with team members across the country and internationally
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make us successful. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.