Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conference calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. We not only build products to enable the everywhere worker, but we also are everywhere workers. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere.
About The Role
Dialpad is seeking a Senior Product Designer to help lead our Design System efforts. In this high-impact role, you will empower Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers through building high-quality elements, components, and experiences. You will help these teams solve problems quicker, ship quicker, avoid duplicating efforts, increase our product accessibility, and improve performance. You will partner with Design to define and implement a structured curation and contribution process.
A successful candidate will have an established background work on design systems and understand how to create items at scale. They help teams understand the larger vision we’re working toward, while being able to jump in and focus on the next step to move the project forward. They get excited about creating tools that others can use to create beautiful and intuitive customer-facing experiences. They are able to utilize research to investigate problems and possible solutions. They possess strong communication skills—both synchronous and asynchronous. They operate independently and proactively. They have knowledge and experience creating accessible and inclusive solutions.
**All applications must have a portfolio attached or URL provided to be considered.**
In this role you will
- Build an understanding of Dialpad’s product architecture.
- Lead the development and delivery of Dialpad’s design system.
- Own the design system roadmap at Dialpad for Brand, Product, and Growth.
- Partner with Design, Product Management, and Engineering to establish, build, implement and maintain a comprehensive library of shared elements and components.
- Provide knowledge-sharing processes that promote collaboration, pairing, and training.
- Develop and maintain clear documentation of Dialpad’s product and design philosophy as it applies to patterns, components, and other related areas.
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, Research, and QA to smoothly implement design system updates across all product areas.
- Work with Engineering to maintain and create Vue components for our library.
- Advocate for accessibility standards and inclusive design principles.
- Track the effectiveness and adoption of the Design System across teams and disciplines.
- 8+ years experience in product design, including experience building, evolving, and managing an effective design system (please provide a link if possible)
- Exceptional interaction and visual design skills with an eye for details. Specifically expert command of information design, visual hierarchy, layout design, typography, color theory, and brand systems.
- An understanding of platform conventions on Web, iOS, and Android—and understanding when to deviate from those conventions.
- Experience incorporating Design, Engineering, Product, and Research feedback and/or insights into your work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and can work, discuss, and present well with various groups and levels across the organization.
- Ability and willingness to quickly product concepts and test ideas.
- Experience working closely with engineering to develop, iterate, and ship high-end interactive solutions.
- A highly collaborative approach and invite feedback to improve the effectiveness of the design system for our teams and our customers.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial mentality.
- Experience building design systems in Figma.
Who will you work with?
Design Manager: The Design Manager helps the Senior Product Designer by helping set regular personal and professional goals; helping them take ownership of impactful, large projects; encouraging cross-team collaboration; clearing roadblocks; championing their work with other teams; addressing broader organizational problems; providing regular feedback and mentorship; and other general support.
Product Design Team: The Senior Product Designer works closely with all Product Design team members through project collaboration, providing thoughtful feedback and critiques, flag quality concerns, makes recommendations for improvements and enhancements, and other assistive efforts.
Product Management: The Senior Product Designer works closely with Product Managers to help define a product’s vision, roadmap, and tasks; providing design support throughout the entire product design process and helping conduct user research efforts.
Engineering: The Senior Product Designer works closely with Engineering to ensure all projects are visually and experientially implemented correctly, providing detailed and clear feedback when revisions are needed.
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make us successful. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.