Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conferencing calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. We not only build products to enable the everywhere worker, but we also are everywhere workers. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere.
About The Role
Dialpad is seeking its first full-time Senior User Experience Researcher to support increasing research demands within the product organization. This UX Researcher will work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers to understand problem spaces, solution impacts, and influence roadmap discussions through qualitative and quantitative research. This role sits on the Product Design team and reports directly to the Design Manager.
- Establish a user research practice and approach within the product organization
- Employ varying research methodologies to understand key business needs and identify customer issues
- Proactively work with key stakeholders on a research roadmap that will assist product teams and identify customer opportunities
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative research using a range of research methods (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer product, business, and experience questions, as well as produce new insights.
- Lead, design, and execute research plans, as well as synthesizing and sharing key research findings and recommendations to the larger product organization
- Implement tools and processes to observe user behavior and interaction remotely
- Mentor and support team members on research practices
- Monitor our various social and customer feedback channels for feedback trends, identifying key business opportunities
- Reporting research results, insights, and recommendations concisely with directly impacted business areas as well as broadly with the product organization
- Document and track learnings gathered over time so past research findings can be easily referenced and applied to future projects
- During project definition, work with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineering Leads to identify assumptions or questions that may benefit from testing, define timelines, scope, and potential methodologies for testing.
- 8+ years of experience in user research in applied product research
- Proven leadership experience advocating for User Research across teams
- Ability to mentor peers and other team members on research objectives and tactics
- Can provide examples of UX Research
- Experience writing and conducting user interviews
- Experience designing and conducting user testing of web application experiences
- Experience with remote and in-person user-testing methodologies
- Experience reporting results in a concise and actionable manner
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Able to collaboratively work in a team environment
- Strong communicator and storytelling skills
- A self-starter who can initiate projects and act autonomously
- Can distill relevant information from product usage data
- Comfortable working across different product teams
- MA/MS/PhD, human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, etc.)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience working with SaaS products
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make us successful. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.