WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Infrastructure Automation Engineering is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with a passion for automation, peer mentorship and power of public cloud. You will spend your time working on and with internal systems which automate, manage and support many parts of our data center and public cloud infrastructure. This is everything from owning and managing one of Box's largest internal services, to building new tools that better enable the end to end management of compute. To be successful as a Senior Software Engineer, you will be able to gather requirements, scope projects, and transform problem statements into actions, not just write solid code.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and interpersonal skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- Develop in-house services/API's using Python web framework
- Manage and improve our CI/CD processes to make sure software development and deployment are streamlined and as simple as possible
- Lead the team in designing and developing frameworks and API's that enable functionality for the entire Engineering organization
- Drive technology decisions for Box's infrastructure technology stack
- Identify problems, develop, deploy and maintain solutions which automate Box’s Infrastructure and solve problems for all of Ops
- Evangelize good coding and engineering best practices while uplifting fellow engineers
- Provide top tier support for our services and keep them highly available
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of experience as a full stack software developer
- 5+ years of experience working with Python
- 2+ years Python Based Web Development Frameworks (Django, Flask)
- Strong troubleshooting skills to keep our services highly available
- Strong coding skills with a passion for writing clean, well tested, DRY and maintainable code
- Experience using and managing asynchronous task queues. Specific experience with Celery a plus
- Relevant experience with data models and database querying
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and Docker
- You have a knack for learning and adopting new technologies
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
- Nice to Have
- Experience with Public Cloud (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Terraform, Terragrunt)
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our