WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is looking for a passionate leader to manage and scale our Platform & Infrastructure team within IT Operations. In this role you will lead a team of IT Operations engineers and collaborate with our End User Support, Security, Compliance, and Workplace Services partners to deliver best-in-class IT systems and services. Collectively these systems and services support collaboration, communication, and seamless access to systems data across our entire employee base and in all of our corporate offices globally. The ideal candidate should be highly people-oriented and have the ability to motivate and lead a diverse team in a highly collaborative, distributed environment. The candidate needs to be able to develop and manage a long-term roadmap that employs the strategic use of tools and processes to build a world-class Platform & Infrastructure team. The candidate should also have exceptional analytical, communication, problem solving skills, and be comfortable interacting with all levels or organizations, including Executive management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establish a culture of excellence, trust, and responsibility within the Platform & Infrastructure team that aligns with Box's core values.
- Develop a team roadmap and financial plan that outlines long-term goals for the team and aligns with the overall IT Operations roadmap. Drive the team to execute against milestones on their way towards fulfilling these goals and commitments
- Support the evolution of on-premise hardware and software systems through testing, validation and verification
- Support the ongoing migrations of various on-premise systems to the public cloud (AWS) or hosted SaaS
- Manage a diverse portfolio of strategic IT Operations technical projects and ongoing run-the-business work
- Function as an escalation point for issues concerning all core IT systems (Identity management, email communication, content collaboration, infrastructure management, endpoint management, etc.)
- Participate in cross-departmental collaboration with teams like End User Services, Security, Compliance, and Workplace Services.
- Facilitate ongoing IT Operations communication between headquarters and remote offices
WHO YOU ARE
- BA/BS degree in Management, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience in related field
- 5+ years in IT Operations, Technical Operations or Engineering with 3+ years management experience, preferably at a fast-paced high-growth company
- Technical certifications preferred across IT Operations domain (e.g. ITIL, CompTIA A+, Network+, CCNA, Security+)
- Advanced proficiency and/or experience managing a IT Operations team owning many of the following systems/services:
- Core Infrastructure: VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Domain Services, ISC DHCP
- Identify Management: Microsoft Active Directory, Okta, Duo
- SaaS: Google Workspace, Box, Tableau Online, Proofpoint, GitHub
- IaaS: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Endpoint Management: JAMF, Quest Kace
- Endpoint Security: VMWare Carbon Black, Cisco Umbrella
- Logging & Monitoring: Splunk, Datadog, ThousandEyes, Dmarcian, PagerDuty
- Ability to remain focused and calm during IT Operations incident response
- Exhibit professional decorum interfacing with executives and company leaders
- High energy and passion for your work and achievements
- Excellent teamwork skills and positive energy
- Willingness to go above and beyond to ensure ongoing success of the team and company
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .