WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 99,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are looking for a high energy, self-motivated, hands-on individual to join our growing Technical Accounting and External Reporting team. An ideal candidate excels in external reporting responsibilities, technical research, verbal and written communication, and is a problem solver with the ability to translate complex accounting matters into concise business solutions. You will continually lookin for ways to help our team get better at what we do in the most efficient way possible.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Evaluate the accounting treatment for all significant accounting transactions, research and implement relevant accounting standards, and draft technical accounting memorandums on significant and complex transactions to support accounting positions
- Review contracts to identify technical accounting matters and ensure compliance with corporate and accounting policies
- Prepare and review accounting and disclosures for the Company's external filings including the 10-Q/10-K, 8-K reports, and other regulatory filings, including Proxy Statements
- Support quarterly/yearly audits including the preparation and review of supporting reports and documentation, directly interact and manage relationships with external and internal auditors
- Prepare and review monthly internal financial schedules Journal entries, reconciliation schedules, variance reporting, month-end closing, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to support various stakeholders on technical accounting matters, including but not limited to other Controllership functions, EMEA team, Strategic Planning and Analysis, Work Place Services, and Treasury
- Drive process and system improvements within the organization
- Perform internal controls in compliance with SOX related to external reporting and other complex technical accounting areas
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad-hoc projects.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3 years of experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience
- 4 year degree in accounting, finance, or economics
- CPA a plus
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Experience with ASC 842, ASC 350, ASC 718, and ASC 230 is a plus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Overwhelming desire to succeed and grow in your career
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our