WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We need to expedite this effort by building highly available and distributed Infrastructure services in a heterogenous environment. With edge computing, Box's businesses have the potential to virtualize the cloud beyond the four walls of the data center. Workloads created in the cloud, including some of the more modern forms of AI and analytics, can now be migrated out toward the edge. Where appropriate, data generated at the edge can be scrubbed, optimized and brought back to the cloud. This Edge as a service is where you come in.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a member of the Edge Engineering team, you will be directly responsible for the design, development and operation of the Edge that powers several of Box’s services and applications. We are obsessed with providing the best in class Edge platform for performance, reliability, service optimization and scale leveraging Multi- Cloud, Containerization and more.
The team is looking for a Senior Engineer with programming, systems and networking skills. You will collaborate closely with other engineering teams, use agile methodologies, develop and leverage Open Source technology to meet the growth demands of Edge services at Box.
We are a team of highly motivated and driven engineers who are helping Box’s customers get the best user experience globally. We as a team are solving tomorrow’s problems today. We are looking for an engineer that can help rethink and develop the edge solutions for tomorrow. This engineer must be well versed with Edge hosting technologies and practices required to design and operate a software driven Edge as a service.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have experience designing systems and services at scale that help build and manage the Global Edge footprint at Box.
- You have expertise with performance optimization, scale, security for Edge infrastructure and platform services.
- You are able to troubleshoot problems in a distributed systems environment and are comfortable tracing problems through applications, systems and networks.
- You have worked in cross-functional engineering teams and know what it means to enable others’ success, taking ownership and striving to work with others to tackle large problems
- You like modern distributed services that automate your job, being comfortable in at least one programming languages, e.g. Go, Python, Java.
- You have experience working with technologies like configuration management (Ansible, Puppet), Docker, DNS, Git, key-value stores (etc, Zookeeper), load-balancers (HAProxy, NGINX), monitoring (Sensu, Wavefront)
- Minimum 5+ years of handling services in a large scale production environment and determining solutions to increase stability, scalability and performance limits of services.
- Strong track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and social communication, and documentation skills
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our