Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
As a Business Analyst on the Global Manufacturing team at Axon, you will be directly involved in ensuring Axon products make it into the hands of its customers efficiently and effectively. The Business Analyst will utilize their background and experience in manufacturing to support Axon’s strategic priorities of scaling new products and driving efficiency to fuel growth. By taking data initiatives on developing. planning, reporting, and Program management analytics, that will help us mitigate costs and operation risks while assisting on building out dashboards, ad hoc analysis, and predictive analytics. The team will rely on you to establish and improve manufacturing data analytics, driving cost savings opportunities and strengthening our data integrity.
- Participate and guide teams on improvement of our master data management process
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and data trends
- Keen eye for details that Ensures and Measured data integrity
- Interact with various executives, managers, and subject matter experts and development teams
- Handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands and priorities
- Maintain existing dashboards, create, and build new dashboards with accurate data sets
- Ensure data is documented & up to date by reviewing data on a regular basis
- Train team members on data mining and visual dashboards
- Serve as a trusted business partner to deliver thought leadership and overall global data designs and reporting
- Lead the identification of user requirements and deliver cutting edge technology capabilities.
- Lead change management as part of the data implementation process
- Stay focused on projects that are aligned to company KPI’s such as productivity, on-time delivery, cost reduction, capacity improvement etc.
- Provide the business owners the information required for them to make educated decisions regarding system changes, including defining overall scope, work effort, weighing the risk to change, the time to change, and the benefits gained by the change
- Learn and apply deep functional understanding of manufacturing systems and apply thought leadership and innovative technology solutions.
- Participate in the scoping and design of the next generation manufacturing workflow and technology solutions by either enhancing our current systems or developing new systems
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required by the Data Analyst Additional duties as may be required
- Occasional travel may be required
- Spend Time Standing and sitting.
- Spend Time in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in related field or 4+ years of experience in data analytics
- 1+ year experience using data visualization tools (Tableau, Microsoft apps.)
- Experience assisting with routine system tasks (D365, PowerBI, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of coding languages preferred (e.g. Python, DAX, R)
- Able to work on-site at our Scottsdale, AZ on a full-time basis
- Authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship
- API Integration experience aggregating & exchanging data with 3rd Party partner solutions
- Data science/analytics automation software experience (Alteryx, Microsoft Power Automate, etc.)
- Have a “builder”, curious, can-do attitude that assists in building technical knowledge data sources and experience to advance our future data streams
- Prior Manufacturing, Manufacturing analytics or Operations experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills with ability to work collaboratively and individually to find the best possible solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situation clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 70,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 110,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 80,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 120,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.