Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
This is a post-sale, customer-facing, front-line role with primary duties of deploy network, hardware, and software solutions for Axon’s Fleet solutions. All candidates maintain a professional attitude with a strong focus on the customer’s total implementation experience.
What You'll Do
Location: Remotely from the United States, Domestic Traveling Role, On the road 100% (Mon-Fri)
Reports to: Sr Manager, Fleet Services or Technical Services Supervisor, Fleet
Direct reports: 0
- Identify and implement solutions within minimal assistance in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist clients to monitor all software implementation lifecycles and assist with the appropriate customizations.
- Conduct training sessions with customer technical points or contact and end users on Axon specific product applications.
- Create accurate computer network diagrams and documentation for design and planning of network communication systems.
- Customer coordination and execution of field commissioning tests.
- Deliver timely and detailed project deployment reports.
- Engage with technology decision makers (Chiefs of Police, Command staff, Sheriffs, Directors of IT) and program managers, post-sale.
- Escalate product irregularities and problems to Product Managers during site deployments.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Synchronize the operation of Axon products as they apply to the Fleet solutions.
- Train primary technical contacts and end users on the proper installation and use of the full suite of Axon Fleet’s components and products.
- Troubleshoot applications, computers, networks and products.
- Validate the quality of 12V DC sub-contractor installations.
What You Bring
- Ability to perform job functions from any location with minimal oversight.
- Ability to stand, bend, and stoop for upwards of 8 hours a day; as well as lift or carry tools up-to-75 lbs. on a regular basis; with or without special accommodations, is required.
- Flexibility to take on additional projects and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Aptitude to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Desire to work with a team or visit clients in person, weekly. (This position does not have a residency location requirement, but successful candidates must reside within reasonable proximity to a major airport.)
- 3+ Years of advanced computer network implementation including systems software, Windows operating systems and applications software, hardware, and configurations, (A+, Network + or equivalent preferred)
- Basic understanding 12-volt DC circuit theory, electrical wiring diagrams, possess mechanical dexterity and troubleshooting skills preferred. (Emergency Vehicle Technician or similar ASE Electronics certifications preferred or Military electronics technician)
- Cradlepoint router or equivalent configuration, implementation and deployment knowledge. NCOS, NetCloud (Cradlepoint Network Associate and Cradlepoint Network Professional certifications preferred).
- Familiarity with data transfer concepts WAN access types, local area networking, physical layer infrastructure, wireless technologies, access point networks and virtual private networking.
- Experience implementing and deploying products in IP-based Ethernet networks, including layer 2, layer 3, LAN, WAN, VPN.
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 80,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 110,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 80,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 120,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.