Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a member of our Physical Security Team, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service coupled with a strong security presence. Our Security Officers are a resource for our employees, guests, customers, and vendors and many times make the first direct impression on our internal and external customers.
- Hours: 11pm-7am. Monday-Friday
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Required to monitor facility fire suppression systems, intrusion systems, and use CCTV technology.
- Ensure the security, safety, and well-being of all personnel, visitors, and the premises.
- Possess effective written and oral communication along with interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with others in a professional and effective manner.
- Coordinates activities with local police and emergency agencies as appropriate.
- Responsible for the internal tracking and physical accountability of products/property under the company’s dominion and control.
- Physically sign out Axon products/property to authorized employees consistent with the assignments contained within Axon’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure all employees and visitors have proper credentials for accessing Axon property. (ID badges and passes)
- Transport products/property to other Axon locally operated locations.
- Enforce and support company policies and procedures.
- Assist employees and visitors with any concerns they may have.
- Report suspicious activity, criminal behavior, and security breaches.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two or more years of security or law enforcement experience
- Basic computer skills needed
- State Driver’s License Required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, positive attitude, and present a professional image at all times.
- Five years of work experience in security, corrections, or related field of equivalent training/education.
- Three or more years of customer service experience
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon’s hourly pay philosophy is made up of base pay and bonus. The starting hourly pay for this role is USD 19.00 in the lowest geographic market and USD 29.00 in the highest geographic market. The actual hourly pay is dependent upon many factors such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.