Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
As Corporate General Counsel you are a dynamic leader with significant experience advising public companies on complex M&A, corporate governance, securities and regulatory compliance. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer (CLO), you will assist the CLO in managing the legal team and outside counsel, personally overseeing certain key corporate initiatives, and advising the Board of Directors, senior management and internal business partners. Critically, you should bring a passion for technology, public safety and Axon’s mission to Protect Life.
What You’ll Do:
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona preferred
Reports to: Chief Legal Officer
- Assist the CLO to manage Axon’s legal and compliance teams and legal operations
- Help drive and enforce strong legal and compliance policies across the business
- Partner with the Strategy & Corporate Development team to advise the business and undertake complex M&A work
- Advise the Board of Directors on the latest in corporate governance and ESG trends
- Advise the Board and Senior Management on policies and procedures, regulations, bylaws, and other legal matters
- Work with outside counsel to advise the company on corporate securities laws and filings
- Help manage enterprise risk
- Help negotiate material contracts and agreements
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring:
- J.D. from an accredited institution with outstanding academic credentials
- Admission to a State Bar within the United States
- Minimum 10 years experience working for a top tier law firm and/or in-house for a public company
- Demonstrated legal expertise in M&A, securities law and corporate governance
- Excellent writing, analytical, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization/prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with a team and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work,
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 220,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 350,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 500,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 1,000,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits)
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.