Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Specialist to join our Product and Partner Marketing Team. As an experienced marketing specialist you’re a versatile collaborator who can help shape and execute on marketing initiatives for our core TASER product pillar, among other products and solutions. In this role, you will develop messaging and positioning, sales enablement collateral and other content, and plan and execute campaigns that generate interest from public safety and security prospects around the globe. This means you have strategic instincts, a knack for finding the story, strong organizational skills to keep things focused, and a well-rounded knowledge of marketing to be able to take point on a variety of asks.
Our ideal Product Marketing Specialist will be a go-to, reliable contributor who can work cross-functionally to translate in-depth product knowledge into compelling internal and external content. You’ll be central to helping build marketing-influenced sales pipeline to drive our TASER business forward and promote other products and solutions to both mature and new markets. And as more customers adopt Axon’s life-saving technologies, you’ll have a direct impact on making communities safer around the world.
What You’ll Do
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands or Remote EMEA region based
Reports to: Product Marketing Director
- Support efforts to grow our TASER business and promote other related products and solutions, including market research, strategy, messaging and positioning, collateral, and reporting
- Develop or adapt marketing materials for specific public safety customers, working with product teams to understand the technology, sales and segment marketers to understand the customer, and marketing project managers to assist with internal execution
- Draft foundational marketing content such as messaging frameworks, slide presentations, product cards and 1-pagers, and prepare detailed creative briefs for handoffs to other teams for finalization
- Conduct voice of customer, competitive intelligence and other research to understand how to position the product in a way that resonates with customers and differentiates Axon from other offerings
- Contribute to content marketing and campaign strategy efforts by knowing the product and customer nuances, and thinking critically to adapt plans and narratives to various segments that drive sales pipeline
- Collaborate cross-functionally in Monday.com and Slack to give full visibility and provide regular updates
- Highlight potential risks and act proactively to resolve issues
- Seek opportunities for improvement and suggest new approaches or ideas for reaching customers
- Work closely with growth and global marketers to ensure alignment and effective execution of short- and long-term visions
What You Bring
- 3-5 years of marketing experience, preferably in product marketing
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications, English or related field
- Familiarity with public safety and ability to make complex information simple for customers
- Exceptional writing and communications skills, and ability to adjust content based on insights and feedback
- Working knowledge of a broad set of marketing channels to help influence campaign strategy and tactics
- Proven ability to manage successful business relationships, and equally comfortable giving high fives and tough love
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity
- Resourceful and scrappy, with an ability to deliver outsized results with the resources available
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.