Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
This is an entry level role with opportunity for rapid professional growth and the chance to contribute to the success of a software startup with accelerated growth inside a public company. You will collaborate with various departments and teams to position the client for a successful engagement. Come work as a vital member of a client facing, cross-functional team to deliver on the value proposition of our Software Solutions.
What You'll Do
Location: Remotely from the United States.
Reports to: Manager, Integrations Architect
Direct Reports: 0
- Work as a member of the Software Services Team
- Represent Axon’s technical expertise to an agency throughout all stages of software implementation.
- Document an agency’s technical requirements and make the right technical decisions to accomplish the agency’s intended outcomes.
- Build customer specific integration pipelines for Extracting, Transforming, and Loading Digital Evidence and Data from agencies legacy solutions into the Axon SaaS environment.
- Document an agency’s system-level requirements (e.g. metadata mapping, network and hardware specifications, end-to-end data flows, as well as overall system capacity, performance, recoverability, etc.).
- Assess impact and feasibility of proposed technical solution — including integration into agency environment and lifecycle management — evaluating alternatives and delivering solutions that accomplish agency outcomes.
- Must be willing to coordinate with US-based team members during standard business hours (EST)
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or quantitative field, OR graduate of coding boot camp OR 2+ years of relevant experience in related field
- Experience writing complex queries and Statements, Data Definitions, Data modeling and Normalization in SQL
- Experience engineering in a backend language (including Python, SQL, Node.JS, Java, Typescript, or Bash).
- Knowledge of technical and systems-level solutions for enterprise software.
- Ability to make hard tradeoff assessments
- Leadership experience through on-campus and/or community involvement
- Self-starter who enjoys problem-solving and embracing ambiguity
- Experience with Azure Databricks and/or Azure Data Pipelines is a plus
- Must pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background check and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Development Programs
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.