Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
As a key member of our Validation team, your work will be essential in helping us ensure every product and system is evaluated, tested and validated to ensure it meets our internal and customer expectations. We will look to you to help us develop Validation Test Procedures(VTP) that drive the testing of our products and build comprehensive test plans to cover all aspects of system level test. You will be working with R&D Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Project Management, and Supply Chain.
What You’ll Do
Location: Onsite at our Phoenix, AZ office 5 days a week
Reports to: Director, Hardware Reliability & Validation
- Develop comprehensive tests & test plans for each of our products
- Review & provide input into System & Product Requirements.
- Test Axon product capabilities & features to confirm requirements are met and ensure a smooth customer experience.
- Understanding troubleshooting firmware/software or hardware issue system level.
- Participate in occasional field testing of Axon products
- Work with a team of skilled technicians to ensure timely execution of the test plans
- Provide status updates and final reporting of validation efforts
- Leverage Engineering background to improve tests and processes
- Design and hone Validation Test Procedures with an emphasis on repeatability, standardization, and accuracy of testing
- Execute all Validation Tests – including Firmware/Software, Mechanical, Environmental, and Electrical
- Document and report all test status and results to the Engineering teams
- Support Failure Analysis (FA) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on issues found in test
- Work with external labs to coordinate required testing
- Implement and maintain 5S Standard for lab organization and management
- Develop customer usage models of all products
What You Bring
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or associated discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with validation or qualification testing
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with identifying, reproducing, documenting, and reporting bugs or issues
- Familiar with Bug and Test Tracking Suites such as JIRA
- Experience presenting test plan and requirements to stakeholders
- Excellent skills in MS Office products
- Ability to influence multi-functional organizations
- Experience with Product Lifecycle, PLM
- Ability to Own It and Aim Far with analytical and problem-solving skills
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.