Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
We are Axon Foundation Services (AFS), a group of dedicated product professionals that own, build and operate the most critical services and primitives that Axon products need like storage, compute, cartography, permissions, authentication, evidence audit and reliability engineering. Our customers are Axon products like Evidence.com, Axon Records, Axon Real Time Operations and Axon Devices (TASER and Connected Cameras) that use our critical services and APIs to execute the mission of protecting life, reducing social conflict, and building a fair and effective justice system. Everything we do solves problems for Axon as a whole, so our cloud apps and device teams can focus their investments on non-duplicative, application-specific work that serves their missions.
The services that AFS owns are the heart and lungs for all Axon products. We protect customer trust by securely authenticating users, third party apps and enforce permissions within all Axon products. We ingest and manage over 100PB of video evidence and securely store them for evidentiary purposes from Axon body cameras and other third party sources. AFS sets the standard and leads the way for the entire company on operational excellence, incident response and reliability engineering. We ensure every important event of note within Axon products leaves an imprint through our audit services that protects the sanctity of evidence as it moves through the criminal justice system. Axon’s records, and real time operations products need our mapping services for staff productivity, effective emergency response to a crisis and situational awareness tools.
As a QA Engineering Manager, you will take the lead of the team of talented people, participate in planning, estimating, and prioritizing processes to ensure successful execution of testing activities for all AFS projects, you will help us continually improve the quality of our existing products.
What You’ll Do
- Work with AFS leadership and product management to establish engineering timelines, specifications, and roadmaps.
- Collaborate with your peers in Information Security, Site Reliability Engineering, Product Management, and QA to ensure that our software meets high standards for quality and security.
- Build an effective test plan and strategy that drive the testing effort across multiple products.
- Hire, train and be responsible for department staffing, personnel management and allocation of quality engineering resources to AFS projects.
- Set quality measurement standards, create a testing culture to improve quality and build an empathetic team that makes AFS QA a great place to work.
What You Bring
- 5+ years of professional software testing experience managing complex software projects.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or similar field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams of people towards a common goal.
- Hand on experience with automation solutions in multiple fields like UI, API and Performance testing such as Selenium, Karate, or Gatling
- Experience with CI/CD like Teamcity, Jenkins or ArgoCD
- Follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies.
- Communicate with transparency, clarity and establish strong partnerships with everyone in oral and written.
Benefits that Benefit You
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Robust Paid Time Off policy
- Lunch allowance
- Cell phone stipend
- Free LinkedIn Learning account
- Access to 24/7 online emotional and mental support
- Gym membership
- Free parking
- Stocked fridges and pantries - free coffee, cold beverages, snacks
- Annual Company Outing Trip
- Monthly team social activities
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.