Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Why work at Axon?
Do it because you’ll have the chance to make a difference in public safety, so that everyone can get home safe. The chance to work with super-cool technology? That’s a bonus.
You will be part of a critical team that designs life-saving technology. You will work with a team of talented electrical, mechanical, test, quality, and manufacturing engineers to create exciting next generation De-Escalation Devices. You will also improve the reliability, performance, and manufacturability of existing De-Escalation Devices.
- Manage a team of talented Mechanical Engineers and Lab Technicians
- Lead new product development and continuous improvement projects
- Ensure quality of mechanical engineering deliverables for new product design and current production improvement projects
- Provide technical guidance to engineering team for mechanical components & system design
- Provide disposition of design changes and deviations for current production products
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of product design experience in high-end consumer electronic products
- Skilled with building high performing teams
- Proven record of launching products from Concept to Production
- Experience implementing continuous improvement projects for current production products
- Experience with high volume manufacturing and assembly
- Knowledge with PDM/PLM systems
- Strong DFM/DFA skills, with emphasis on part/assembly tolerance management, to ensure robust designs for high volume manufacturing
- Knowledgeable in design of plastic injection molded part designs, electro-mechanical integration, adhesive bonded joints, metal stamped parts designs, die-cast part designs, and machined part designs.
- Proven ability to balance conflicting design constraints through analysis, testing, and creativity
- Experience with PCB/PCBA flex circuit mechanical integration
- Experience preserving Industrial Design artistic intent in mechanical design implementation
- Experience with designing for high levels of dust/water ingress protection
- Ability to collaborate with peers in a candid cross functional team culture
- Proven success in a fast-paced, high technology environment with tight deadlines
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years technical management experience
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 130,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 190,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 190,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 250,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Due to the nature of Axon’s products and technology, certain job-related technical data is subject to U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR). In order for certain Non-U.S. Persons to access this technology/data, Axon must apply for and be issued a deemed export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce. Any Non-U.S. Person is subject to deemed export regulations except a Non-U.S. Person who (1) is granted U.S. Permanent Resident status, as demonstrated by the issuance of a permanent resident visa (i.e., Green Card); or (2) is granted U.S. citizenship; or (3) is granted status as a protected person (i.e., Asylee or Refugee) under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.