Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
You will help us enhance and implement secure coding practices for our current Axon product family as well as new products currently under design. You will help select and build advanced tooling to help the dev teams write secure code without destroying their flow. You will instrumentally be the advocate of these best practices to foster a culture of code security to ensure we build the most secure product possible.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from the US OR Scottsdale, AZ
Reports to: Sr Manager, Information Security
- Be a critical resource for our engineering teams on all manner of security matters
- Work side-by-side with developers and project managers alike while addressing security concerns
- Make architectural decisions critical to our products
- Survey the backlog of projects, prioritize appropriately, and shepherd solutions through with persistence
What You Bring
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Software engineering background; with a current focus on secure application development
- Great at finding ways to break applications AND assisting dev teams in securing threats from both known and unknown vulnerabilities
- Deep understanding of common application flaws, and how to fix them
- Fluent in application attack tools and methodologies
- Ability to think creatively about potential attack vectors and propose creative solutions on the fly
- Experience automating security tests into the development process
- Ability to work independently and comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of common authentication and authorization methodologies
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.