Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Are you passionate about AI? Do you love engineering solutions enabling fast, cutting-edge science? Are you eager to contribute to building products impacting the world for the greater good?
As a ML Engineer for Embedded AI at Axon, you will contribute to developing AI solutions transforming the public safety space. Collaborating closely with other ML engineers and scientists, you will enable new AI capabilities for Axon’s products (Fleet, Axon Body, Axon Air, and more) by supporting the training, evaluation, testing and deployment of machine learning models on Axon devices. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be exposed to a wide range of domains and applications: from computer vision to speech recognition and natural language understanding.
The ideal candidate will have a consistent track record of successfully developing and deploying embedded AI solutions in production. They will bring a deep knowledge of the device development ecosystem, including testing, and monitoring software on chips.
What You’ll Do
Location: US, Canada, Vietnam, Finland (remote OK)
Reports to: Kate Puech, Director of AI Platform Engineering
- Architect the next generation of the continuous deployment framework for AI at the edge.
- Enable new AI feature on existing Axon’s devices.
- Collaborate with scientists and product managers to build POCs contributing to shaping the Axon of tomorrow.
- Architect and develop secure, privacy-preserving, solutions to enable the continuous improvement of existing AI models at the edge.
- Collaborate with scientists in architecting and implementing state-of-the-art training techniques.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience and a proven track record of successfully deploying AI models on devices.
- Experience with model compression (quantization, model distillation, ...) for deployment on device.
- Proficiency in Python and C++, familiarity with ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, or PyTorch.
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with Linux.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to dive deep into system architecture.
- Excellent software design skills.
- Comfort communicating and interacting with scientists, engineers and product managers.
- Master’s Degree/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field.
- Hands-on experience in solving Computer Vision or Natural Language Understanding problems in a business setting.
- Familiarity with model encryption and privacy preserving AI techniques.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.