Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Location: Scottsdale, Seattle, or any remote US based location
As the Head of Global Proposals you are responsible for leading a world-class team and overseeing all aspects of Axon’s proposal operations. You will ensure formal processes exist, are up to date, and in use for Axon’s RFX development. This includes overseeing all proposal and tender managers, ensuring timely development and delivery of high-quality responses to Axon RFX opportunities, and managing pre- and post-submission strategy. You will also be responsible for proposal strategy development, staff development and long-term capability planning both domestically and internationally.
Your Day to Day
- Drive process and content standardization for the Proposal Team to maximize team efficiency and ensure quality across all bids and tenders.
- Implement scalable processes and infrastructure essential to managing rapid growth and ensuring the highest levels of proposal execution.
- Manage Proposal Team and align organizational resources to maintain healthy volume among team members.
- Ensure adherence to internal review processes to ensure quality of client facing documents.
- Provide strategic direction on proposals for Major Accounts.
- Manage proposal reporting metrics and benchmarks globally and maintain current Proposal Team dashboards.
- Liaise with other critical teams, including Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales and Competitive Intel to ensure proposal content can be up to date at all times.
- Managing the hiring, training and onboarding of new team members.
- Manage compilation and communication of emerging requirements expressing desire for new features to product teams.
- Drive market research efforts for new or upcoming products to help in facilitating content planning and staffing needs.
- Manage team workload, assisting in prioritization and partnering with Sales to improve RFX forecasting.
- Deliver, monitor and review ongoing proposal improvement through feedback loops with key stakeholders in the RFX process. Implement key strategies from feedback takeaways.
- Conduct and document proposal lessons learned and implement actions to improve process efficiency.
- Continue the development and delivery of RFX training materials for new hires and other staff to continuously improve our proposal operations.
- Apply experience and best practices in proposal team management to ensure the timely delivery of proposal submissions that are fully compliant with solicitation instructions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, English, or related field.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in proposal management, technical writing and responding to public sector RFPs
- 3+ years experience managing a team of proposal professionals
- Experience working and influencing multiple stakeholders within a cross-functional, geo-dispersed team
- Experience responding to high value RFXs
- Rigorous attention to detail and excellent technical writing skills including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Strong comprehension, organization, and prioritization skills required
- Master's degree
- Proficiency using Qvidian or other proposal building/automation software
- Knowledge and experience using Salesforce
- Experience with graphic design software
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.