Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER energy weapon to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Are you a world-class contracts manager with a passion for managing a contract’s lifecycle? Do you excel at projects requiring focus and high attention to detail? Can you clearly communicate complicated matters to others in a growing organization? Do you have a positive attitude and a “start-up” spirit? Axon is looking for a person exactly like you to join our Legal team!
As an Associate Contracts Manager, you will partner with Axon’s business units to analyze, prepare, manage, administer, and even negotiate commercial contracts and related documentation. You will also help enable the sales process by helping to improve contracting processes to set up Axon for long-term success. You will communicate high-level information to a wide variety of stakeholders within Axon and facilitate contract meetings.
Your Day to Day:
- Coordinate contract review and negotiation across multiple organizations including Legal, Finance, Sales Operations, and Product.
- Draft, review, and negotiate sales, procurement, and other commercial contracts.
- Review requests for proposals and quotes to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
- Administer and manage documents and forms related to sales and procurement efforts.
- Support updates to our Legal team’s processes and procedures including contract playbooks, contract lifecycle management systems, and customer relationship management platforms.
- Review, analyze, and report on revisions to contract terms.
- Manage record-keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing all stages of a contract’s lifecycle including preparation, review, and administration.
- Maniacal stickler for organization and attention to detail.
- Experience reviewing contract terms to ensure compliance with standard terms and conditions.
- Experience working with legal counsel to drive contracts to execution.
- Experience fulfilling the reporting requirements of contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be able to work legally in the U.S.
- Experience contracting with the public sector: City, County, State, or Federal.
- Experience assisting with the request-for-proposal process and management.
- Experience using contract lifecycle management systems and customer relationship management software (e.g., Salesforce.com).
- Experience with cooperative purchasing agreements.
- Experience working with finance department on pricing, accounting, or revenue recognition contract requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.