Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
The Product Manager for our modular platform TASER is responsible for overseeing all activities relating to outlining a strategy for and brining the modular platform TASER Energy Weapon to market. This will entail confirming the strategy, conducting market and customer research to understand the customer/business problem, outlining the product requirements, creating a plan to bring it to market, and working with engineering, marketing, finance and other team members to bring the final product to market.
Your Day to Day
- Using market research to get ideas for products and or features that customers will want
- Helping to oversee the conceptualization, design and engineering to ensure product intent
- Working with the marketing and creative team to help promote the product in the market
- Create a business plan and presenting to management as well as supporting the product plan with analyses and reports and responding to questions and requests related
- Specifying and overseeing the research needed to determine the needs and desires of customers
- Working with a Program Team to create a project plan
- Working with the Production Team to create a Production Ramp Plan
- Working with the Marketing Team to create a launch plan
Qualifications/ Skills Required
- 4+ years of experience in hardware product development
- Experience working with HW and SW teams on connected devices
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience owning the product lifecycle of a HW and SW product from product definition through launch
- Bachelors degree in a technical (engineering) or business related field
- Flexibility to travel for customer visits (including international)
- Prefer experience working with law enforcement, military, or other governmental agencies
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.