Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We are looking for a world-class Engineering Program Manager. This EPM will be supporting the product development through the full lifecycle – concept through launch.
You are someone capable of quickly gaining understanding of program and cross functional needs and keeping up with their dynamic and conflicting prioritization.
In your day-to-day you will...
- Distill and prioritize various requests
- Help a team of engineers plan and prioritize their activities in support of new devices that are revolutionizing the public safety market.
- Be the driving force leading our team to translating broad product goals into concrete product requirements.
- Be the voice of the products' needs within and outside our team, helping keep the focus on answering key product questions.
- Align multiple disciplines to a single schedule and budget.
- Ensure tight alignment and communication as a full program team and management.
- Show a keen ability to prioritize and multitask. The ideal candidate will have experience with program management, product development, risk analysis, and will be excited to influence the customer experience of new products.
- Possess exceptionally great people skills, showcasing experience working with cross-functional teams and a willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and get the job done.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 7+ years equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in program management in software or hardware development
- 3+ years of experience in building processes, project management, and schedules
- Experience and strong understanding of basic engineering principles and development
- Understand and communicate complex, technical/Engineering issues
- Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
- Extensive experience with leading cross functional teams
- Experience managing budgets and schedules to align to company goals
- Experience in product development: concept & feasibility, development and launch
- Experience working with teams of diverse technical backgrounds; electrical design, mechanical design, industrial design, software, firmware, and manufacturing
- Ability to apply analytical thinking to product development needs
- Ability to connect, network and influence others within a large product organization within a matrix environment
- Experience as being responsible for delivering a product or product component
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize
- A problem solving mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently, ability to multitask and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.