Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You will be part of a critical team that ensures life-saving technology can be manufactured reliably and consistently. You will work with a team of talented electrical, mechanical, test, quality, and manufacturing engineers to create exciting next generation De-Escalation Device Products.
- Design & develop creative solutions to complex problems related to the development of Conducted Energy Weapons using innovative and unique design techniques to solve the problems in a next generation Taser
- Perform engineering analysis and testing to evaluate product & component durability, reliability, and performance
- Maintain & improve product design documentation such as simulation models, drawings, test specifications, analysis
- Drive decisions related to the hardware to produce a high quality, reliable product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of product design experience in high-end consumer electronic products
- Strong DFM/DFA skills, with emphasis on part/assembly tolerance management, to ensure robust designs for high volume manufacturing
- Knowledgeable in design of electro-mechanical components, analog discrete components, mixed signal devices, high voltage components, and power supply topologies.
- Proven ability to balance conflicting design constraints through analysis, testing, and creativity
- Experience with PCB/PCBA flex circuit mechanical integration
- Proven success in a fast-paced, high technology environment with tight deadlines
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 7 years experience or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 15 years experience in related fields
- Track record of successful designs in high volume environments
- Experience in high voltage power supply design
- Experience negotiating with Industrial Design to allow for a reliable electrical implementation
- Ability to collaborate with peers in a candid cross functional team culture
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.