Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
We are looking for a world-class Engineering Program Manager. This EPM will be supporting the product development through the full lifecycle – concept through launch.
You are someone capable of quickly gaining understanding of program and cross functional needs and keeping up with their dynamic and conflicting prioritization.
In your day-to-day you will...
- Distill and prioritize various requests
- Help a team of engineers plan and prioritize their activities in support of new devices that are revolutionizing the public safety market.
- Be the driving force leading our team to translating broad product goals into concrete product requirements.
- Be the voice of the products' needs within and outside our team, helping keep the focus on answering key product questions.
- Align multiple disciplines to a single schedule and budget.
- Ensure tight alignment and communication as a full program team and management.
- Show a keen ability to prioritize and multitask. The ideal candidate will have experience with program management, product development, risk analysis, and will be excited to influence the customer experience of new products.
- Possess exceptionally great people skills, showcasing experience working with cross-functional teams and a willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and get the job done.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 7+ years equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in program management in software or hardware development
- 3+ years of experience in building processes, project management, and schedules
- Experience and strong understanding of basic engineering principles and development
- Understand and communicate complex, technical/Engineering issues
- Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
- Extensive experience with leading cross functional teams
- Experience managing budgets and schedules to align to company goals
- Experience in product development: concept & feasibility, development and launch
- Experience working with teams of diverse technical backgrounds; electrical design, mechanical design, industrial design, software, firmware, and manufacturing
- Ability to apply analytical thinking to product development needs
- Ability to connect, network and influence others within a large product organization within a matrix environment
- Experience as being responsible for delivering a product or product component
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize
- A problem solving mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently, ability to multitask and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.