Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Our team is an essential part of a police agency’s day-to-day flow. We have applications for managing TASER devices and body cameras. This is a complex process both for armorers managing inventory and individual patrol officers managing their own body cameras and signal devices. We work with hardware, firmware, and online services to ensure that the end-to-end flow is easy and trustworthy.
Your Day to Day:
- Design and implement new features for managing Axon cameras, TASERs, and other hardware.
- Collaborate across platforms with other engineers and products to ensure seamless communication.
- Ensure features and dependencies meet stringent security expectations.
- Implement end-to-end quality analysis of your features.
- Scale up in new technology, learning new platforms, languages, and tools. You are responsible for iOS and Android applications.
- 2+ years experience writing mobile client features, Android and/or iOS.
- 2+ years experience of professional software development in a client-focused language like Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, Swift, Dart, Rust, Go, C/C++, or another systems programming language.
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design and code quality verification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field
- Advanced Android experience in native applications.
- Advanced iOS experience in native applications.
- Experience communicating with Bluetooth / BLE based devices.
- Experience with calling REST-ful authenticated API services.
- Experience with CI/CD build systems like TeamCity.
- Experience producing in-depth design documentation for complex features.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.