Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
You will help us enhance Axon's security posture by hardening our system boundaries and help to keep us a few steps ahead of those out to harm us. You will select and build advanced tooling to enable our workforce and services to operate in an efficient and secure manner. You will be the advocate of these best practices to foster a culture of security, mentor and train less experienced information security staff, and act as a force-multiplier within the organization. In short, you'll be building scripts, software, services, and processes that make our teams smarter, faster, and more effective at what we do.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remote, preferred in Seattle or Scottsdale
Reports to: Sr Manager of Security Engineering
- Be a critical resource for our product, engineering, and operations teams on a range of security topics
- Work side-by-side with developers, project managers, and system operators to ensure we build security into all of our products and processes
- Build, script, and conceptualize processes and systems to make security work vastly more efficient at Axon for anything from small scripts to process data, to middleware to reduce manual work, to even libraries used by Axon products to ensure that secure is always the default
- Learn about challenges the InfoSec and larger Engineering teams experience and work with members from these teams to design solutions such as collecting and processing information on cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities
- Collect and make sense of useful data, turn it into information, and make it actionable by others
- Maintain and improve code base of existing projects
What You Bring
- 2-5 years professional experience developing software
- 0-2 years professional experience working on security-related projects
- Experience with vulnerability management efforts, including assisting in remediation efforts for identified vulnerabilities
- Ability to work independently and comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Experience ensuring the effective use of commercial and open-source security solutions to solve complex security issues, both architectural and operational in nature
- Strong coding experience in languages such as Go and Python
- Ability to create, extend and document REST API's
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.