Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Seattle, WA
At Axon, we Aim Far with a mission to protect life and make the bullet obsolete. Big goals require a lot of technology and a world class team to support it. As an Endpoint Engineer, you will be at our front line and in the most outwardly facing position within our IT organization. Your days will be spent as an enabler, a facilitator, and a supporter of a high performing and fast paced technology company.
Your Day to Day
- Acts as the primary technical contact for their office or region for both internal and external parties
- Accepts escalations from the local IT Team or from users related to technical issues
- Responsible for scheduling technical resources and availability for office events or off hours IT needs
- Ensures team performance according to our job role baselines and providing technicians with regular feedback.
- Owns the recruiting, on-boarding and off-boarding of local IT Support staff. This includes conducting bi-annual reviews, merit, promotion and disciplinary discussions
- Maintains adequate IT inventory for their location including new hire equipment and onsite availability of emergency computer stock and convenience items like cables, adapters and accessories
- Monitors and maintains IT Endpoint equipment in their region such as conference rooms, scheduling tools, digital signage and presentation equipment
- Act as a technical escalation point or find appropriate resources to provide an escalation point for the local team as needed
- Acts as primary POC for internal policy and process improvements impacting their site or region
- Monitors the incoming unassigned ticket queue with all incident tickets assigned within 6 business hours
- Thorough understanding of using core IT systems (Service Now, JAMF, Ivanti, BeyondTrust, Zoom, Okta, 0365, Active Directory)
- Positive desk-side manner and interactions with users
- Escalates tickets and issues appropriately (complete info documented, to the right people, before the problem grows)
- Maintains SLA’s for tickets in their queue meeting 70% or better adherence
- Actively studying using tools like Pluralsight or other certification tracks
- Consistently works in a way that is in line with our audit and infosec policies that does not result in the creation of any new audit operational findings
- Experience mentoring junior members of the team
- Experience presenting and interacting with executives
- Bachelor's Degree
- Scripting knowledge for Mac or Windows
- Experience supporting conferencing, scheduling and collaboration tools
- Proven ability to build things that scale
- Demonstrates pride and ownership in their work
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.