Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
On the Entity Graph Squad, we’re building a high-performance, scalable knowledge graph to equip law enforcement officers with the information they need to document critical incidents, report their interactions, and protect their communities. And that’s just the beginning. By building a knowledge graph for agency criminal data, we can help agencies solve crimes and keep patrol officers safe in the field. We are transforming the future of public safety.
Imagine the year 2030. Advanced technology has automated more and more routine tasks to put officers back in the community, dramatically improving the quality and safety of our lives. Public safety officers have everything available at their fingertips- empowering them to seamlessly connect the dots and get the answers they need when they need them to most effectively protect life.
Sound exciting? We think so too. Check out this short video to learn more about where we're heading, and apply now to join a team that's turning this vision into a reality.
- Design and implement new features for the next generation Records Management System
- Work closely with customers and design top-priority features
- Engage with modern back-end technologies to build a scalable, high performance search engine
- Mentor junior developers on the team
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience designing for high availability, reliability, security, and performance
- Experience building complex and impactful software in a team environment
- Backend service experience in languages, such as Go, Python, Java, or Scala
- Experience with search engine technologies, such as Elasticsearch or Solr
- Strong experience with databases, such as MySQL or Cassandra
- Enjoys mentoring and growing junior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- Experience with realtime streaming event log or messaging technologies, such as Kafka or ActiveMQ
- Experience using metrics (e.g. DataDog, Splunk) to triage and investigate failure scenarios
- Facilitates cross-team collaboration among engineers and contributes to the broader community of senior engineers
- Influences peers, advises senior leaders, coaches and mentors junior team members
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.