Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As Director of Product Finance, you will report directly to the CFO, Devices. You will partner directly with product leaders to help drive key strategic decisions and serve as a dedicated partner to Axon's major business lines.
You will join an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for you who share this passion. Come work with us in a dynamic environment in which you’ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills.
Your Day to Day
- You will apply business and financial acumen to support various levels of Operational and Financial decision makers with data, analysis, metrics, process creation/improvement and operating model alignment
- You will support Product Roadmap prioritization based on profit contribution and engineering resource constraints in close partnership with engineering and product leads
- You will model new product design iterations and develop the business case for new products and features based on product-market fit and expected cost reduction
- You will drive regular cost reduction, headcount, and budget reviews to ensure alignment to the company plan and product strategy
- You will support the corporate forecasting process for R&D/product spend and present results to R&D leaders. Regularly participate in corporate FP&A meetings such as executive corporate forecast reviews and budget vs. actuals reviews
- You will support the company-wide Strategic Portfolio Planning Process by assisting in the creation of Investment Business Cases for new Products & Strategic initiatives and in doing so the role will collaborate cross functionally and will have full P&L exposure
- The position will also support Product teams in their holistic analysis of market and P&L performance for key Product Segments and contribute with data, KPIs and analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Financial Accounting
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in financial modeling, forecasting and business analytics in a dynamic environment, supporting both financial and operational decision makers
- Scenario Modeling & Analysis: Heavy data analysis and dynamic scenario modeling with emphasis on researching and validating the modeling inputs and assumptions and ensuring their alignment with operational models and strategic goals
- Technology/software/SaaS industry experience
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Concern for quality and deadlines
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.