Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Our team is an essential part of a police agency’s day-to-day flow. We have applications for managing TASER devices and body cameras. This is a complex process both for armorers managing inventory and individual patrol officers managing their own body cameras and signal devices. We work with hardware, firmware, and online services to ensure that the end-to-end flow is easy and trustworthy.
Your Day to Day:
- Design and implement new features for managing Axon cameras, TASERs, and other hardware.
- Collaborate across platforms with other engineers and products to ensure seamless communication.
- Ensure features and dependencies meet stringent security expectations.
- Implement end-to-end quality analysis of your features.
- Scale up in new technology, learning new platforms, languages, and tools. You are responsible for iOS and Android applications.
- 2+ years experience writing mobile client features, Android and/or iOS.
- 2+ years experience of professional software development in a client-focused language like Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, Swift, Dart, Rust, Go, C/C++, or another systems programming language.
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design and code quality verification
- Advanced Android experience in native applications.
- Advanced iOS experience in native applications.
- Experience communicating with Bluetooth / BLE based devices.
- Experience with calling REST-ful authenticated API services.
- Experience with CI/CD build systems like TeamCity.
- Experience producing in-depth design documentation for complex features.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.