Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You will be accountable for managing assigned supply base and spend categories. You will ensure assigned suppliers meet and maintain requirements for quality, on time delivery, and continuous improvement ideas while optimizing cost, inventory and terms.
Your Day to Day
- Through a combination of formal business reviews and ongoing supplier communication, manage the performance of assigned supply base to meet Axon’s requirements for quality, on time delivery, cost, technological/manufacturing innovation, and continuous improvement
- Be the subject matter expert for defined spend categories/commodities – understanding market and supplier risk profiles and recommending/implementing strategies to reduce risk and ensure continuity of supply while maintaining/improving competitiveness
- Through coordination with the demand planning team, provide timely and ongoing communication with assigned supply base to provide ongoing forecast information relating to Axon’s short and long term supply requirements
- Leads formal spend management councils to market test existing and new suppliers/categories with the objective of optimizing supply base and driving competitive cost, capital (inventory and payment terms)
- Accountable for managing supplier inventory levels utilizing, as required, combination of supplier Kanban, consignment, and persistent negotiation on supplier lead times and minimum order quantities
- Negotiates formal supply contracts and/or agreements as required
- Maintains and communicates supplier scorecard information as a tool to drive performance
- Active participant in NPI process to translate market requirements into supply requirements
- Other procurement related duties as business requirements dictate
- Aligns with team members from Demand Planning, Sales operations, Engineering and Manufacturing to understand supplier performance expectations in meeting the supply plan
- Aligns with product management and demand planning teams on product revisions/introductions and forecasts
- Extensive supplier interface at Axon and/or suppliers site as required
- BS in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in procurement, commodity/category management
- Proficiency and expertise in camera and/or image sensing
- Strong communication and negotiation skills as well as proven ability to work within team structure as an active participant and drive results through direct and indirect influence/collaboration
- Demonstrated capability of advancing further within the organization through track record of increasing responsibility and quantifiable results
- Experience with camera and/or imaging sensor sourcing a plus
- APICS or ISM certifications desired
- MBA, PMP, Six Sigma/Lean certification a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.