Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
At Axon, we build the next generation of law enforcement and public safety technologies to empower our customers to serve and protect their communities. Our systems manage petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of police officers around the world.
The mission of Axon's Trust and Security group is to make our cloud services and connected devices the most trusted platform for the public safety market. We do so by making and upholding commitments to security, privacy and compliance.
We need a high-energy, motivated information security program manager to drive execution of our cloud service security compliance activities. Be on the cutting edge of cloud computing security in a very challenging and innovative environment.
- Act as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert on Axon's global compliance program for Axon's cloud services
- Manage security compliance obligations and activities with internal teams and external parties, such as customers, audit teams and management, to ensure objectives are met
- Perform evaluations of emerging markets and associated new certifications
- Develop information security policies, procedures, and guidelines and maintain authorization documentation
- Execute and mature a security assurance and compliance program to ensure program effectiveness and compliance with the information security program, security standards and other external requirements
- Assist others in understanding and implementing security policy objectives in ways that are cost effective and align with business objectives. Provide security input for business procedures and new projects.
- Lead in periodic security compliance activities including risk assessments, vendor security assessments and security awareness training
- Stay current on security industry trends, attack techniques, mitigation techniques, and security technologies by attending conferences, networking with peers, and other educational opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience in information security including leadership responsibilities for compliance in a technical environment
- Strong organizational, leadership, communication and project management skills
- Passion for ensuring high quality deliverables and customer experience
- Strong background in cloud security controls and experience implementing information security requirements in cloud environments
- Experience with one or more of the following engagements: SOC 2, ISO 27001, or Cloud Security Alliance STAR assessments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Information security related certifications
- Experience leading the implementation of ISO 27001, CSA CCM or SOC 2 Trust Service Criteria security controls in a cloud environment
- Experience with international data security and privacy standards
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.