Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
In Digital Evidence Management System team (DEMS), we are solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. We manage tens of petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of officers around the world. Our solutions enhance the value of this evidence for law enforcement, the courts, and the public. If you are looking to join large-scale projects and collaboratively contribute to the technical direction of a team, this role is for you.
We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, politics, and jerks.
The mission of Axon Foundation Services (AFS) is to build and operate the core capabilities and service primitives that Axon cloud applications need. Our customers are the pillars that use our services to build and operate their applications. Everything we will build will solve problems for Axon as a whole so our pillar teams can focus their investments on non-duplicative, application-specific features. We will lift all boats through our work..
Your mission: Leverage advanced technology to change the way policing is done.
Your Day to Day
- Responsible for delivering our core micro-service platform architecture and design, utility features, shared components with some popular technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, ActiveMQ, SQL, NoSQL...
- Solve hard problems around data storage and transaction management for the massive volume of evidence such as data consistency and performance...
- Responsible for your service, guarantee the system health through alert, metrics, logs...
- Work directly with EM, plan and create direction for your project
- Help mentor for junior engineers
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Have 5+ years' experience in a modern backend language such as Java, Go, C#, or similar
- You write well-tested code with good unit tests and technical documents
- High performance protocols and messaging systems
- Working with multiple kind of storage systems, databases
- Familiar with of one CI/CD pipelines
- You have made tough technical decisions based on requirements, trade-offs, and user experience
- You are comfortable with a lot of autonomy
- Enjoy mentoring junior engineers
- You love working on technology that empowers others to do their best work
- Background in or distributed systems is a plus
- Experience working with DevOps is a plus
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Monthly lunch allowances, gym membership, phone stipend, free parking
- Fun team activities and monthly outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use our technology, and get inspired
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.