Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Seattle, WA
Axon has revolutionized Law Enforcement with a suite of connected devices, cloud services and apps that work together to protect life, reduce social conflict and accelerate truth and justice. You will work on applications that communicate to these devices and that manage information about evidence collected by law enforcement. You will be part of the Axon team where we cultivate an environment that favors team work, initiative, and creative thinking. You will be working in close collaboration with firmware and cloud services teams.
Who We Are Looking For
Our team has essential applications that we’re growing into a larger application strategy. A key application within that strategy is View XL, used both in the patrol car as part of our Fleet product line and also used out of the car to manage our latest body cameras.
We need someone to come in and understand View XL and to extend the in-car and out-of-car features. As our markets expand the asks on View XL increase and we need a Staff or Senior developer to partner with our product and design leaders to deliver key features to support those expansions. The quality and security of the features are must haves and we need a developer to deliver high quality, on-time features.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years of a professional software development experience backed by strong computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent design, development, debugging, and customer-centric maintenance skills within the software-development life cycle.
- Command of a client-focused language such as Golang or C++ or C# or Java.
- Front-end production experience with React.js (or other equivalent modern framework).
- Windows development experience (applications and/or services).
- Hands-on experience owning large end-to-end features in a client application that shipped multiple versions.
- Leadership including technical leadership driving areas of ownership, cross-group leadership, and coaching + mentoring team members.
- Consistent high quality results when taking on large projects and scaling up in new technologies.
- Golang experience. Key portions of the product are written in Go and either experience or quickly getting deep into Go is required.
- Electron application framework development experience.
- Experience with photo and video digital media, including video playback and encoding.
- Programming and interfacing with smart, connected devices.
- Experience with back-end development in creating client-connected services.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.