Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We are looking for a world-class Engineering Program Manager. This EPM will be supporting the product development through the full lifecycle – concept through launch. You are someone capable of quickly gaining understanding of program and cross functional needs and keeping up with their dynamic and conflicting prioritization. You will distill and prioritize various requests. You will help a team of engineers plan and prioritize their activities in support of new devices that are revolutionizing the public safety market.
You will be the driving force leading our team to translating broad product goals into concrete product requirements. You will be the voice of the products' needs within and outside our team, helping keep the focus on answering key product questions. You will align multiple disciplines to a single schedule and budget. Ensure tight alignment and communication as a full program team and management.
This position demands an ability to prioritize and multitask. The ideal candidate will have experience with program management, product development, risk analysis, and will be excited to influence the customer experience of new products. You will also have need to have great people skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, and be willing and able to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and get the job done.
Your Day to Day
- Extensive experience with leading cross functional teams
- Experience managing budgets and schedules to align to company goals
- Experience in product development: concept & feasibility, development and launch
- Experience working with teams of diverse technical backgrounds; electrical design, mechanical design, industrial design, software, firmware, and manufacturing
- Ability to apply analytical thinking to product development needs
- Ability to connect, network and influence others within a large product organization within a matrix environment
- Experience as being responsible for delivering a product or product component
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize
- A problem solving mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently, ability to multitask and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
- Bachelor’s Degree or 7+years equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in program management in consumer devices
- 5+ years of experience in building processes, project management, and schedules
- Experience and strong understanding of basic engineering principles and development
- Understand and communicate complex, technical/Engineering issues
- Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.