Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a software engineer in the SRE organization, you are passionate about solving real-time problems so that our mission-critical cloud products can have the high quality and uptime that our customers need. You live and breathe automating processes, from building release tooling that enhances our build, test, and deployment of our products to driving major quality efforts like automated chaos testing to ensure our cloud products achieve a high degree of availability. You will work closely not only with other engineers in the SRE organization, but also with engineers in our product teams to drive critical solutions that impact the entire software organization.
- Create tools and processes that allow our products to deploy quickly and with a high confidence in quality
- Drive best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and efficiency across the whole software org
- Mentor junior engineers through code reviews and architecture design discussions
- Debug and solve deep technical problems in our systems.
- Design workflows for local development (e.g. mini-kube based approaches)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience in designing and creating highly available cloud systems
- Experience in container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.