Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
As a contributor in the SRE organization, you are passionate about delivering solutions to the real-time problems our mission-critical cloud native services encounter. You are also obsessed about achieving the high quality and reliability our customers demand. You will work closely not only with the SRE division, but your technical deliverables will reach the entire engineering organization to enable product teams to continuously deliver features on the vanguard of innovation.
What You'll Do
Location: Remote anywhere in US or onsite in Seattle, WA or Scottsdale, AZ
- Build robust, easy-to-use foundational platforms and tools that enable engineering teams to provision services rapidly, consistently, and securely.
- Exemplify cloud-native site reliability best practices.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Employ strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to debug problems in cloud native distributed systems.
- Influence and educate the engineering organization to adopt new and improved architectural patterns.
- Provide robust documentation for use by engineers to promote self-service
- Take calculated risks, champion new ideas, and cultivate your craft.
What You Bring
- 2+ years of applicable experience
- Experience managing cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, or similar.
- Experience operating in Kubernetes platforms like AKS, EKS, or similar.
- Experience using managed languages such as Python, Go, C#, Java, or similar.
- Experience utilizing CI/CD platforms to automate provisioning infrastructure, software builds, tests, and releases.
- Experience using observability tools such as APM, logging, and metrics to assist with debugging issues.
- Experience designing tooling to simplify the operational management of SaaS/PaaS systems.
- Familiarity with building flexible and testable Infrastructure as Code modules.
- Empathy to support the needs of software engineers.
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Development Programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.